IGNORED

Tim and Eric Bedtime Stories

awepittance

If you only saw the Halloween Special with Zach G... don't worry! Even though it has technically the same title this is a new Tim and Eric show with a Twilight Zone/Outer Limits twist every episode.

The first episode would probably appeal to fans of David Lynch and T&E equally.

tim-and-eric-bedtime-stories.jpg

premiere was at 12:15 am on friday, I think a new one airs every week on Adult Swim. Next one stars Bob Odenkirk

mistakenly downloaded the old thing with galifanakis and thought it's the new thing which was kinda disappointing as it is poop, but the real thing is pretty good, definitely fresh.

yeah, I really wasn't feeling the Halloween special. Bedtime stories the series was a huge surprise for me. I heard Tim and Eric and huffington post say how Lynch inspired it was but I didn't believe it until saw it. They've basically taken my favorite bits of the show and stretched them out to be longer stories.

in some ways it reminds me of the stuff they were doing for funny or die

Hopefully it'll be on Netflix some day. I disconnected and quit watching television 2 years ago.

are you serious with this?

Yep, and I don't miss it... AT ALL. 2000 channels of 99% pure, unimaginative, often-incorrect, brain-melting crap. 20-40% of the pixels you pay for monthly are adverts, whether you watch them or not.

Now, of course I still like watching movies and have my must-watch shows, but I am not so impatient that I can't wait 6-24 months for it to come out on Netflix or in the bargain bin, then I have a nice big queue of good stuff to watch in a way that wastes no time on adverts or waiting for the upcoming season. If it's something I don't want to wait for, I'll pay a few extra bucks for premium access. For news and knowledge, the Internet stomps the shit outta TV any day, AND it's largely free.

With TV service, my Comms expenditure (cell, internet, media-entertainment) was the biggest monthly cost aside from my mortgage. Without TV service, I still watch most of my favorite shows and see the movies I want to see, yet I spend 70% less on it by buying just the content I want. Even after 2 years I don't feel like I'm "missing out" on anything that might be on TV, and I have extra time to enjoy music or spend in a more worthwhile way.

Off my soapbox now... back to Tim and Eric chat

definitely wasn't what i was expecting, but after processing the episode, i love the new direction. it has some really deep commentary on aggressive macho culture, american gluttony, and conforming at any cost. eric is like 6' 6" as he mentions in the episode, big dude, yet he is simply bullied into lying down into his own grave and being buried alive. genius.

i'm on tim and eric awesome group on facebook and a lot of people on there fucking hated the episode. smh.

definitely wasn't what i was expecting, but after processing the episode, i love the new direction. it has some really deep commentary on aggressive macho culture, american gluttony, and conforming at any cost. eric is like 6' 6" as he mentions in the episode, big dude, yet he is simply bullied into lying down into his own grave and being buried alive. genius.

i'm on tim and eric awesome group on facebook and a lot of people on there fucking hated the episode. smh.

I'm sure they were expecting lots of zany edits and over the top shit. This is a much more subtle affair.

Hopefully it'll be on Netflix some day. I disconnected and quit watching television 2 years ago.

Yep, and I don't miss it... AT ALL. 2000 channels of 99% pure, unimaginative, often-incorrect, brain-melting crap. 20-40% of the pixels you pay for monthly are adverts, whether you watch them or not.

Now, of course I still like watching movies and have my must-watch shows, but I am not so impatient that I can't wait 6-24 months for it to come out on Netflix or in the bargain bin, then I have a nice big queue of good stuff to watch in a way that wastes no time on adverts or waiting for the upcoming season. If it's something I don't want to wait for, I'll pay a few extra bucks for premium access. For news and knowledge, the Internet stomps the shit outta TV any day, AND it's largely free.

With TV service, my Comms expenditure (cell, internet, media-entertainment) was the biggest monthly cost aside from my mortgage. Without TV service, I still watch most of my favorite shows and see the movies I want to see, yet I spend 70% less on it by buying just the content I want. Even after 2 years I don't feel like I'm "missing out" on anything that might be on TV, and I have extra time to enjoy music or spend in a more worthwhile way.

I didn't meant like that, I meant that you can find the show on torrent

I didn't meant like that, I meant that you can find the show on torrent

Aaaahahahahahaha! Sorry!

I'll still wait for it to be available so I can watch it legitimately, but if too much time goes by... my general attitude is "if they reject my money, utorrent.exe"

Archived