IGNORED

New old Aphex Tracks from 93

Icct

I'd love to see him revisit some of these aesthetics with some of the repetition and general weird vibes with newer technology, more dynamics etc. I found the early 90s stuff to be a little hard on the ears sometimes.

in fact that oxegen track sounds exactly like what I'm saying.

Was the recording made in '93 or is that just how old the track is?

Oxegen is a festival in Ireland but it didn't start till 2004. So where's this recording?

edit: Found the orginal video, its from when Aphex played oxegen in 2008. Great gig

Second track isn't really new, it also appears in the Old Trout recording SalvaKPO posted (around 18 minutes in). Much better recording imo, even though it was done in 1993!

First time it was posted was around 2007 actually:

The first part is interesting though, I'm hearing some Ventolin-era bits in there. Thanks for the heads up!

I'd love to see him revisit some of these aesthetics with some of the repetition and general weird vibes with newer technology, more dynamics etc. I found the early 90s stuff to be a little hard on the ears sometimes.

I would love to hear a continuation of the sound in Every Day and Arched Maid.

I would love to hear a continuation of the sound in Every Day and Arched Maid.

It's Surfing on Sinewaves and ICBYD for me, I'd love to hear some more of that...

Nice find!

It is awesome to see so many people liking the Old Trout tracks. I love listening to that set - I just can't get enough of that 93-95 afx/caustic sound :music:

Heh, CWLP got me back to the older stuff. I had an pause from some of the older stuff such as Compilation, Classics or ABB4. I guess I over-played those at some point but it was nice to get back to listening to those. Would love to get some more old Aphex from the vaults.

Funny how these things work. Like, the HAT part on Xmas_Evet10 created an urge for me to listen to Laughable Butane Bob and HAB in general. I guess that's how I associate things. New stuff replenishes the older stuff if that makes any sense.

• 2 months later...

Archived