IGNORED

NAMM show 2015 - The Thread

d-a-m-o

Is NAMM just a hardware thing or is there software announcements given too? (or is there a different show for that?)

software too. there's a handful of korg apps that have been shown and surely tons of other stuff. too much to keep up with. are there actually sound demos of the akai anywhere?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only software from hardware companies I guess. Brands there mainly have to show something real and solid, that you can touch. But surely software-only companies are going to announce stuff now too...

Only software from hardware companies I guess. Brands there mainly have to show something real and solid, that you can touch. But surely software-only companies are going to announce stuff now too...

Wrong, software companies have booths at NAMM.

https://streamworksaudio.com/bitwig-at-namm-announcing-bitwig-studio-1-2/

Wrong, software companies have booths at NAMM.

https://streamworksaudio.com/bitwig-at-namm-announcing-bitwig-studio-1-2/

oops indeed :emotawesomepm9:

I'm not sure why the kit ms20s are more than double the price of the ms20 mini? Sure, it's full size but you build it yourself! Surely that's knock a bit off the price?

I'm not sure why the kit ms20s are more than double the price of the ms20 mini? Sure, it's full size but you build it yourself! Surely that's knock a bit off the price?

I guess it's because of the extra features (this one can do FM, sequencer included) and the fact that it's limited to 1000 units. But yeah it's still pretty expensive

The prophet has 'discrete' VCOs and filters, though I suspect by discrete they mean 'not the usual curtis chips' rather than truly and fully discrete. Still, it's what everyone has been asking for for the past 10 years.

I'm happy to see that the PO-12 isn't locked to the three preset tempo's that it appeared to be locked to in the prototype stage. Adjustable BPM & swing!!!! Yay :)

Hope the OP-1 OS update is soon.

have they even talked about an os update yet? i mean there's supposedly been one in the works for a while where they accepted user submitted presets but not heard anything since that contest was run in like september or something. there was also a picture of the op-1 internals floating around that should a big open spot for some kind of add on in the left side.

It's coming. I had contact with TE over the presets I submitted and they said they planned to release it ages ago. I guess the PO's took a bit of a priority as they will generate quick income.

Other stuff is welcome too :)

Also our worst fears are real - the Poly synth from AKAI is indeed just four copies of the rythm wolf!!!!

It's proper old school too as you have to set each voice independantly.

The other drum synth sounded 'better' though, with a much nicer kick & snare imo.

Apart from the prophet and the odyssey, aesthetically, everything looks like shit. This matters to me, there's no way any of the new Rolands are getting anywhere near my studio, even if they sounded decent. I would be tempted by the Beatstep Pro, but it looks horrible. I won't pass comment on the akais. Good design = sell more. This isn't superficial. I don't buy ugly cars or guitars or sofas or girlfriends, regardless of their hp or sound or comfiness or 'nice' personalities, I don't want to buy ugly synths either.

Guest Chesney

yup, My Rolands would totally take the piss out of these if I tried to introduce them.

I do really like that Vermona though.

Arturia Beatstep Pro - full featured "sequencer powerhouse" switches to DAW controller on the fly. Four LED readouts, drum sequencer. For $300, me want!

12E852FC-FC8B-4DBD-8F79-E95C92A83DB4_zps

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2015/01/22/arturia-intros-beatstep-pro-sequencing-powerhouse/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=arturia-intros-beatstep-pro-sequencing-powerhouse

Archived