IGNORED

Arctickler Soundclub Dump?

sweepstakes

Close your eyes for a moment.

Now imagine a soundcloud account named "Sean Pls" releasing tons of exclusive live stuff and forgotten EPs.

Now get back to your life and cry.

Going by the things Sean said in chatmm recently (having hours and hours of unedited jams only on dvd's that he has thrown in a landfill somewhere :)) this isn't going to happen anytime soon.

Don't forget, these guys have never stopped releasing for a long period in time, Aphex did (maybe he is sort of overcompensating for that too?). I mean, I still have 'trouble' keeping up with Autechre's output sometimes, and the 'durability' of repeated listening is extremely high in their case imo (I still feel like I'm just discovering Exai sometimes...). Also considering the marathon radio broadcasts they do with every album launch the last decade (full of edits and special stuff), I'm really happy as it is with them.

That said, I do crave soundboards from their sets :)

Yeah, I think you're right. I was half-joking, I thought it was funny that Aphex did a dump and then people were begging u-Ziq for one and then he actually did one! And now people are begging Squarepusher for one... we are SO spoiled in 2015! Reminds me of a chuckle I had hanging out with my friend in the massive Meiji-jingu park in Tokyo but I won't bore you with it.

Oh, man, agreed about the sets, too. There's a serious lack of 1999-2004 sets and the few I've heard are FRESH.

I do have to say, though, that while this seems to go against the Autechre aesthetic in many ways, I would LOVE to hear more raw jams from that hundred/thousand hour archive they're sitting on. Finally hearing Lego Feet (esp. the recently released 3rd & 4th sides) after being an Autechre fan for years already was pretty mindblowing, e.g. some of EP7's trippiest moments had roots in jams they apparently did in the 80s! That recognition has become one of my favorite parts of Autechre listening - connecting the conceptual and aesthetic dots between tunes or releases that on the surface seem much different.

Definitely man, especially this specific jam:

I asked about it on the AAA, Sean: yeah thats us sort of during down time, back then we might have the DAT or CDR on all afternoon while jamming. when they were pretty long, we'd keep them for ourselves, but the radio mix gave us the opportunity to run otherwise overly long ideas, without the attention span issues associated with so called actual tracks. i'd like to have these around to listen to all the time. in between doing tracks

And Rob: yeah i dunno why that never came out, maybe just didn't feel very finished, but now it's one of my fave mixes of it

Not sure if they still even have that full recording, but man would I like to hear that stuff!

That reminds me though, I still haven't heard that reissue of the Lego Feet album... *ducks*

That reminds me though, I still haven't heard that reissue of the Lego Feet album... *ducks*

:catrage:

waht, u havent heard it? have u at least BOUGHT it? u say u HAVEN'T BOUGHT IT??? jan pls. :nope:

Definitely man, especially this specific jam:

I asked about it on the AAA, Sean: yeah thats us sort of during down time, back then we might have the DAT or CDR on all afternoon while jamming. when they were pretty long, we'd keep them for ourselves, but the radio mix gave us the opportunity to run otherwise overly long ideas, without the attention span issues associated with so called actual tracks. i'd like to have these around to listen to all the time. in between doing tracks

And Rob: yeah i dunno why that never came out, maybe just didn't feel very finished, but now it's one of my fave mixes of it

Oh yeah that was good stuff! I loved that whole mix, too - that kind of sprawled out jamming vibe permeates the whole thing. That bit with the corny dialog samples and the portamento'd telephone ringing cracks me up every time.

:catrage:

waht, u havent heard it? have u at least BOUGHT it? u say u HAVEN'T BOUGHT IT??? jan pls. :nope:

Nope, I haven't bought it as I never liked Lego Feet that much tbh, it's my least fave AE-related project. I'll just give the reissue a spin tonight whilst pretending they uploaded these tracks on soundcloud as demos, maybe that'll help :biggrin:

Yeah, I think you're right. I was half-joking, I thought it was funny that Aphex did a dump and then people were begging u-Ziq for one and then he actually did one!

I only asked µ-Ziq for one as he's not been as prolific as the other featured artists due to running a damn fine record label. It was a good 6 years between Duntisbourne Abbots... and Chewed Corners.

Autechre put out a shit ton of material on the regular.

Yeah, I think you're right. I was half-joking, I thought it was funny that Aphex did a dump and then people were begging u-Ziq for one and then he actually did one!

I only asked µ-Ziq for one as he's not been as prolific as the other featured artists due to running a damn fine record label. It was a good 6 years between Duntisbourne Abbots... and Chewed Corners.

Autechre put out a shit ton of material on the regular.

Oh sorry man, didn't mean to single you out. It wasn't a totally unreasonable request, and yeah, there was way too long of a stretch there. I noticed the Squarepusher one at the same time as the u-Ziq one.

I actually thought Duntisbourne was going to be his last release. I remember reading a story (on WATMM, I think) about a copy of it in a record shop with a note from Mike to that effect.

EDIT: Also oops, I think this thread might be a dupe - http://forum.watmm.com/topic/86723-autechre-outtakes/

Archived