IGNORED

Planet Mu 20th Anniversary @ Fabric - U-Ziq, Luke Vibert, Kuedo, Mr Mitch

Rubin Farr

Looks great, but I hate clubs (just being stuck inside for hours on end, crammed up to my neck with humanity). So I take drugs to make it all a bit more brilliant. I don't take drugs anymore. So no I won't be going lol.

• 4 weeks later...

Great party, Mike P went on first right @ 11PM, so the crowd was disappointingly thin, he played a bunch of 90s tracks, mixed Helter Skelter right into Radio Babylon, bassgasm for sure. After that, he played a lot of weird footwork style bass, I spotted at least one Mark Pritchard track in the mix, crowd started to pick up steam. Seeing Mike & Luke embrace in the booth made me grin.

Luke went on at 1AM, and brought the funk. Total 80s-90s hip hop mix with plenty of sing-alongs, he slipped in the original I Love Acid from '03, the LFO track in honor of Mark Bell, then a few 4/4 tracks before going off into a weird hip-house tangent for the rest of the set. Fabric security were total pricks about pictures, they yelled at me for taking a snap of the goddamn movie screen, really? Selfies were ok, apparently.
Overall, great way to wrap up my UK trip, saw a little bit of Simian Mobile Disco, they had the larger room, and better visuals, I'm not sure why.

Cornered Mr V as he was off to *prepare* for his set. btw, Mike did totally vinyl setup, Luke solely used his MacBook.

luke%20fabric_zpsfbj7p9x2.jpg

photo%202_zpstpbjwkyo.jpg

photo%201_zpsgdmzw3gk.jpg

Archived