IGNORED

Deftones - Gore

Bechuga

I'm a huge Deftones fan still, despite no longer being under twenty. Stephen Carpenter is still a cool dude.

I think their latest albums are overall more consistent than the earlier stuff and hope Gore (awesome title) continues this cycle.

[youtubehd]E0WakBLNA0k[/youtubehd]

I'm a huge Deftones fan still, despite no longer being under twenty. Stephen Carpenter is still a cool dude.

I think their latest albums are overall more consistent than the earlier stuff and hope Gore (awesome title) continues this cycle.

Chino said in an interview once that Chi's accident and ultimately his death, awoke a new fire within the band, at first to honor him, but now just in general. I mean I love the early stuff of course, but Diamond Eyes and Koi No Yokan certainly do bring a new intensity than they had before.

Definitely looking forward to the new one... I remember reading somewhere that much of the material on this one is re-workings and finalized versions of the unfinished Eros album they had been working on before Chi had his accident. They had previously left pretty much all that material untouched and unfinished since the accident.

Chino said in an interview once that Chi's accident and ultimately his death, awoke a new fire within the band, at first to honor him, but now just in general. I mean I love the early stuff of course, but Diamond Eyes and Koi No Yokan certainly do bring a new intensity than they had before.

Definitely looking forward to the new one... I remember reading somewhere that much of the material on this one is re-workings and finalized versions of the unfinished Eros album they had been working on before Chi had his accident. They had previously left pretty much all that material untouched and unfinished since the accident.

Would be nice if that was true. Did you hear Smile, the track Chino released from those sessions? Was a beaut.

[youtubehd]7eW_LIgEsjQ[/youtubehd]

• 1 month later...

Was about to go to bed, but then I got an email saying I could download the album from Amazon now, so I did...guess I'm staying up for a bit!

Onto the 2nd track and Chino's killing it! Hope this keeps up!

They've done it again, enjoying this one quite a bit... Will probably continue to grow on me more with more listens, they always do.

i've always been amused by this phenomena of how some alternative butt-metal bands from the 90's like tool, papa roach, system of a down(?), rage against the machine(?), that judging by all parameters should have been trashed and discarded by watmmers, somehow passed the threshold of acceptance and new digital cool in the idm world and achieved a respectable status.

i've always been amused by this phenomena of how some alternative butt-metal bands from the 90's like tool, papa roach, system of a down(?), rage against the machine(?), that judging by all parameters should have been trashed and discarded by watmmers, somehow passed the threshold of acceptance and new digital cool in the idm world and achieved a respectable status.

lmao at putting deftones or tool in the same bracket as papa roach

this album is friggin killer!

tool, deftones and rage were lumped into a category unfairly. they are 3 epic bands that are some of my all time favorites. who would trash pure creativity?

Are you saying my Bart Marley shirt is not the height of satire

Archived