IGNORED

Atop "With the Boatman on the River/The Red Lantern" lp

Atop

• 1 month later...
Guest Chesney

It sounds ok although i'm not in the mood for this stuff right now, will try and catch it another time.

all artists are desperate.....especially if we believe in what we do

Thanks Salvatorin.

Texas is pretty cool.

Birthplace of watmm.

It sounds ok although i'm not in the mood for this stuff right now, will try and catch it another time.

you would probably dig A Trip to Tormance or The Mystery Schools more....more beats and less sadness

sounds nice. What is it about texas that inspires people to make drone music? Feels like the best drone music is texan drone music.

must be all that selenium & aresnic being violently pumped into the texan soil. (jk lol)

gorgeous tunes by the way

ahhh thanks man....yeah hidden stuff, thanks Boards!

we do speak slower here in Texas so perhaps you are onto something?

mythos

I always think of adjective when I think of texas and ambience. I've traveled around the gulf coast & Austin & the hill country—but in my mind there is a different texas where it's the 70's, people in cowboy hats move in slow motion like in Koyaanisqatsi, everything is hot and the air is distorted by heat waves, and a lone slide guitar holds out plaintive notes

Adjective: Imminently unplaceable, each Adjective post is like the moment a dream becomes lucid. You grasp for something to hold onto as you float into the sky, and when you wake it is with sadness. You try to reconstruct the moment but it has passed into the ether. All you can do is log back on and hope for another appearance. And, eventually, there always is.
- Ryan Seacrest

*A forest. Bird watchers peer through foliage. One of them points, shushing everyone. A full grown man stands in the brush, eyes wide, like a frightened bunny. He chews on a leaf. People take photos. Adjective*

and like a guy with a NASA coffee mug and sideburns sits at a desk in an office with khaki colored wood paneled walls

I always think of adjective when I think of texas and ambience. I've traveled around the gulf coast & Austin & the hill country—but in my mind there is a different texas where it's the 70's, people in cowboy hats move in slow motion like in Koyaanisqatsi, everything is hot and the air is distorted by heat waves, and a lone slide guitar holds out plaintive notes

It's still there in the further rural reaches in bits and pieces but a lot of it - the soft drivin', slow and mad, like some new language vibe - has been lost to cookie cutter condos and cookie cutter hipness. Hill Country is getting crowded. Austin especially has morphed but that was inevitable. I suppose SoCal is the same - everytime I watch some late 70s to early 90s era film in California I have to remind myself that doesn't exist anymore.

I like that Texas. My goal is live out in West Texas/East New Mexico for that reason. There's so much space to think. It's desolate and arid and it's beautiful. There's so much of nothing, out on some roads literally you can see for dozens and dozens of miles and realize you can park entire cities or even small states into the areas you behold.

01-guadelupe-mtns-panorama-whaun.jpg

on-the-road-home.jpg

thanks....

I love Texas.

Gets real fuckin hot here.

Austin is insane and beautiful.

Like a really hot crazy chick.

Lures you in and fucks you over.

Dallas is more chill.

Houston is too chill and humid.

San Antonio is, boring from what I hear.

Marfa is a town with an art cult living in it.

We have a lot of diversity going on.

thanks....

San Antonio is, boring from what I hear.

my cousin lives there, it's mellow but there's a decent scene (he's in psych rock band)

san antonio has always been very tourist-y surrounded by dull suburbs and military bases / its like more akin to florida or vegas

I like Denton a lot too, same with the coast - Galveston and Port Aransas in particular. the panhandle is flat and dull but some great musicians came out of there

Archived