All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Today
  2. Yesterday
  3. I liked it better without the bass
  4. is it possible to make good music with a learning disability ? ( my mom never gave me vegetables when i was younger )
  5. These two people in the background are pretty funny, like one of them is happy about it but then one of them is evil-happy about it
  6. I don't find it academic nor technical at all, but it depends what you mean with technical? It is mostly just his mindset of creating music and his point of view. He breaks down things and make a good point in many cases.. For example: Cipriani and Lyon's thoughts on Electronic music and composing: (Spoiler from the book) Mark Fell objects on this in a wonderful way and bringing up "Acid Tracks" by Phuture as an excellent example that goes against what Lyon suggested. And many more pages on that topic which I find entertaining to read.
  7. https://www.axios.com/2024/04/26/antisemitism-monitor-colleges-columbia-israel?utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=editorial&utm_medium=social Feel like this bullshit is bound to backfire and to work toward actually making some Americans become legit anti-Semitic, especially younger people, which is not good for anybody. Still kind of shocking to me that a foreign government seems to have such a stranglehold over American representative democracy.
  8. I don't know anything about Max, but Mark Fell is so interesting. thanks for sharing that talk. @cern Is the book very academic and technical, or easy to read?
  9. country music's 2 Live Crew. NSFW language
  10. Amazing track, I discovered it the same way. What a sample!
  11. I've got a Tokai AST-'62 sunburst w/ 12/52s, and an Ibanez Universe UV-70P w/ 9/46s. Not a virtuoso either, but I know my way around the fretboard. Haven't played for a while because reasons, so I'm probably very rusty and would skin my fingertips immediately. Should get back to it, really, and not just fool around with synths. I'm a big fan of Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Tony Macalpine, Yngwie Malmsteen, Guthrie Gowan, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Frank Zappa and the like - recently got into Polyphia and their extremely technical playing.
  12. would be a good case for an artist sub forum… . . . . . .
  13. been playing guitar on and off since '92. all the radio popular grunge/alternative music back then is what drew me in to want to learn how to play. I peaked in high school back in like '95 when I was in a prog metal band, it's been all downhill since then I don't consider myself a great player at all. I can keep up, but am no virtuoso. I've always been of the mindset that coming up with a good melody on the instrument is more important than technical ability. coming up with 3-4 note / chord melodies and figuring out where to go from there is more fun for me than being able to solo my ass off at 180bpm. in high school I played an Ibanez with Marshall amps. later on I got a Fender Strat with a Roland Jazz chorus amp. sold it all many years ago. a few years back I wanted to get back into guitar but not spend a ton of money on it. bought an ESP EC-256 because I liked the look, and it plays fairly well for a low/mid priced guitar. have an Orange solid state practice amp that I run through a mixer. the line out on the Orange has 4x12 cabinet simulation that sounds pretty decent through monitors. got a pedal board with 9 pedals. my recommendation on pedals - since you'll eventually go there - is get a noise gate, loop, chorus, and reverb for the starters. then add on whatever else you can afford after those basic ones... I try and stay away from computers as much as possible when it comes to music making. I record stuff on a zoom multi track.
  14. It's so mental to me that he got a grant from a Finnish Elevator company to fuck around with FFT transforms. Anyways, colundi everyone!
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.