IGNORED

Any of you in Bristol? (UK)

pera

My girl and I moved to Bristol from Seattle back in November, and we are completely new in town, so I was wondering if there are any watmmers around interested in hanging out with a fellow watmmer someday (once all this shit is over, obviously). I'm into synths and nerd stuff like most people in here :cisfor:

also, does Rob still lives here?

cheers

Edited by pera

I live in Bristol! Unfortunately it is a different Bristol located in Pennsylvania in America. You should see if UDO the synth manufacturer does tours since I heard they are located in Bristol UK.

• pera changed the title to Any of you in Bristol? (UK)
30 minutes ago, bupkis said:

I live in Bristol! Unfortunately it is a different Bristol located in Pennsylvania in America. You should see if UDO the synth manufacturer does tours since I heard they are located in Bristol UK.

lol sorry about that, changed the topic to avoid further confusion ?

Thanks for the tip on UDO, will check on that!

I just relocated to (near) Exeter, so not a million miles away.

Bristol is great, back in the old world order I visited regularly for gigs and shopping.

Check out:
Idle Hands record store

RWD/FWD online record store

Elevator Music for all your synth / modular needs

NOODS radio is local FM to you, some great sounds on there and the website just had a recent overhaul

Good luck and hope you enjoy Bristol

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Soloman Tump said:

NOODS radio is local FM to you, some great sounds on there and the website just had a recent overhaul

good stuff! thanks for all the tips ?

I'll be in Bristol next month. I'll come round for food and drink. Is there any decent pizza places near you? Pizza hut? Order it in advance so its piping hot upon my arrival. 

On 1/5/2021 at 11:09 AM, pera said:

My girl and I moved to Bristol from Seattle back in November, and we are completely new in town, so I was wondering if there are any watmmers around interested in hanging out with a fellow watmmer someday (once all this shit is over, obviously). I'm into synths and nerd stuff like most people in here :cisfor:

also, does Rob still lives here?

cheers

Blimey, what a culture shock! Obviously not an ideal time to upsticks, but how are you finding life over here?

Edited by Plum

• 4 months later...

I used to live in Bristol. Moved to France last year.

I used to play in an experimental improv band called Domestic Sound Cupboard. We had a monthly night of improv/experimental music.

https://www.facebook.com/domsoucup/

Obvs not happening now due to some virus. It was last weds of month at Crofters Rights on Stokes Croft. 

People are nice people.

Edit: also check out Avon Terror Corps

Edited by Thu Zaw