IGNORED

µ-Ziq - Scurlage (AF038LP)

bias

• Rubin Farr changed the title to µ-Ziq - Scurlage (AF038LP)
2 hours ago, toaoaoad said:

Yeah there's a subforum for this

Bugger me, but isn't this the proper subforum to post stuffs like this?

4 hours ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

For example Vibert has done this for years, releasing on smaller ace labels to bring some attention to them. AF is pretty hot right now, at the forefront of the "scene" (cringe) we're all into so I figure he's using his well respected alias to draw some attention to the label. 

Very respectful, admirable thing to do IMO.

Yes, I bought many vinyls from them (D'Arcangelo and Kettel), they already released Mu-Ziq before.

59 minutes ago, bias said:

Bugger me, but isn't this the proper subforum to post stuffs like this?

Yes, I bought many vinyls from them (D'Arcangelo and Kettel), they already released Mu-Ziq before.

Don’t worry about double posting, not everyone reads the Featured Artists sub forums on a regular basis.

• Thanks 1

Music income is split into two halves, the Master and the Publishing. The Master is the actual recording. In this case AF have licensed the rights to the recording. This is what record labels do. They release and exploit recordings. Publishing pertains to the music itself (the composition, historically the sheet music) which has its own avenues of exploitation separate to the recording. This is why musicians can be signed to a label (e.g. Warners) but be published by a different company (e.g. Domino)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bambi said:

Music income is split into two halves, the Master and the Publishing. The Master is the actual recording. In this case AF have licensed the rights to the recording. This is what record labels do. They release and exploit recordings. Publishing pertains to the music itself (the composition, historically the sheet music) which has its own avenues of exploitation separate to the recording. This is why musicians can be signed to a label (e.g. Warners) but be published by a different company (e.g. Domino)

Interesting!

Thank you for the explanation. 

10 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

Don’t worry about double posting, not everyone reads the Featured Artists sub forums on a regular basis.

I tend to ignore them as my time on the forums is limited. Always wished there would be a locked, duplicate thread in New Releases acting as a link for all Featured Artist new release threads that officially live in their respective subforms. Temporarily pinned for visibility. Sounds tedious, but we only have a handful of Featured Artists and releases aren't super frequent.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

I tend to ignore them as my time on the forums is limited. Always wished there would be a locked, duplicate thread in New Releases acting as a link for all Featured Artist new release threads that officially live in their respective subforms. Temporarily pinned for visibility. Sounds tedious, but we only have a handful of Featured Artists and releases aren't super frequent.

sounds like a p cool idea