IGNORED

Bogdan Raczynski - Hire Bogdan Raczynski for your commercial, remix, sample pack, video game, or other audio​-​dependent project

Rubin Farr

On 12/13/2021 at 3:14 PM, Zephyr_Nova said:

Don't listen to tip #2.

This was my instinctual reaction at first too. I had to read it a couple of times. I don't think the bluntness of the initial statement conveys his actual point very well. I have definitely found it useful to mostly listen to stuff that's very different or far-removed from whatever I'm working on, and I think that's his main point - don't saturate yourself with the same kind of music you're trying to make, and don't try to immediately replicate your influences. Listen to foreign folk music if you're working on a breakcore album, or whatever lol.  But yeah, I don't think a person has to shut themselves in a vacuum to be able to be true to their artistic vision, either. There are other ways to keep yourself focused. IMO

[But then again I'm not a professional producer, and I use a lot of chance elements in my creative process. So I'm personally quite happy to listen to a cool track and think "I want to do something like that" and then end up with something completely different anyway. It's pretty much expected lol. I mean I've done some derivative shit but I'm also not trying to impress anybody. I guess if you're a professional with deadlines and quality requirements etc then his advice could be pretty useful.]

Edited by toaoaoad