IGNORED

Bogdan Raczynski bandcamp

Rubin Farr

Never had the chance to properly get a Bogdan release so this is more than welcome. Would you guys have any suggestion on where to start for a Bogdan newbie per chance ?

StocKo, on 19 Aug 2016 - 3:33 PM, said:

Never had the chance to properly get a Bogdan release so this is more than welcome. Would you guys have any suggestion on where to start for a Bogdan newbie per chance ?

Samurai Math Beats is the one that got me and my mates into his stuff.

MyLoveILove for chill, Renegade for destroying. Which reminds me, I hope I'll see him live again, had the best time at his liveshows :)

Samurai Math Beats.

StocKo, on 19 Aug 2016 - 3:33 PM, said:

Samurai Math Beats is the one that got me and my mates into his stuff.

MyLoveILove for chill, Renegade for destroying. Which reminds me, I hope I'll see him live again, had the best time at his liveshows :)

agree with all of this. track 5 on renegade is such a fuckin banger. Boku Mo Wakaran should not be ignored however.

someone said once that bogdan did to dnb what oizo did to house - this rough and ready bedroom shit that still just kicks. I agree but Boggy is so so much more. Sensitive, emotional, goofy, badass in all ways. 

siiiiick

I need to find his old tracker tunes again, those were wicked

Love this one:

Goddamn, I arrived too late to the nerd IDM underground scene. Feeling so stupid here but can I somehow convert those tracker pieces to mp3 or something (there's a link in the YT description to the original files but I can't do anything with them)? I take it that there currently isn't a way to get ahold of those impulse tracker pieces and/or Bogdan's KFMF stuff (Karl etc.)? I've got only some pieces of love melodies nintend0 but haven't even been able to find them all let alone the Karl releases or Ice Climber ones. Woud really love to hear those. In general I find Bogdan's early releases much more interesting than his later works which somehow don't have the same impact on me. Hate to ask but if someone can help with those early tracks please do. Because.....

Hope he'll maybe have some unreleased things in store for bandcamp as well :)

I'm little sceptical about Bogdan putting his early tracks to bc since I somehow see that Bogdan's Rephex catalogue is his main body of works and the early days were based more on the computer scene etc. with Kosmic Free Music Foundation but that is wholly my own interpretation so could be total bullshit.

But speaking of other unreleased Bogdan here is a cool video:

(lol, where can I get these? :tongue: )

Goddamn, I arrived too late to the nerd IDM underground scene. Feeling so stupid here but can I somehow convert those tracker pieces to mp3 or something (there's a link in the YT description to the original files but I can't do anything with them)? I take it that there currently isn't a way to get ahold of those impulse tracker pieces and/or Bogdan's KFMF stuff (Karl etc.)? I've got only some pieces of love melodies nintend0 but haven't even been able to find them all let alone the Karl releases or Ice Climber ones. Woud really love to hear those. In general I find Bogdan's early releases much more interesting than his later works which somehow don't have the same impact on me. Hate to ask but if someone can help with those early tracks please do. Because.....

Some audio players can play them. I'm using Vox on OSX and they work.  If it wasn't obvious, you can import them into a tracker like Renoise and actually see how the songs are sequenced and pull out the original samples, etc. I've got some of the tracker files... I'll see if I can upload them later. 

Here's all the tracker files I have:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hu7dv5dxxfu8xcv/bogdan_trackerfiles.zip?dl=0

Fun facts: 23849819.IT is track 16 on Boku Mo Wakaran and jun4.it is the first track on "'96 Drum n Bass Classixxx".  :emotawesomepm9:

wow cool! Some serious bit of IDMz history there. Can't wait to have a serious listening session with these. Thanks!

Hope that also Ibiza Anthems will appear on bc at some point. And maybe 96 Dum'n Bass classics and I Will Eat Your Children Too since Renegade only compiles some pieces of them. Interesting to see what else will come out.

Here's all the tracker files I have:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hu7dv5dxxfu8xcv/bogdan_trackerfiles.zip?dl=0

Fun facts: 23849819.IT is track 16 on Boku Mo Wakaran and jun4.it is the first track on "'96 Drum n Bass Classixxx".  :emotawesomepm9:

dang this rules. cheers mate

Glad I could help. 

BTW, these files aren't organized in any way. Some are one-off files and others (usually the ones named in a similar way) were part of small scene releases he did. I didn't include any of the .nfo/.diz and all that but they are kind of fun to look through. 

If Rubin or anyone has any more files than these, I'd love to hear them.

-------------------------------------------
New Objectives In Sound Exploration [NOISE]
                presents
             by bogdan [IT]
This pack of 4 tunes is the result of
bogdan's latest journey into sound.
Description? digital static harsh chaos
flow pop bang boom crash thud blast roar
bellow blat shout peal cry yelp squawk
blare clang ring shot jangle eruption
explosions detonation cackle cluck tweet
clink whimper plunk stir purr rattle whir
whistle disonance discord shouting roaring
bellowing rumble rumbling grunting
murmuring drone droning thundering whine
screeching screaming banging clanging hum
             August 9, 1997.
         http://www.noisemusic.org

This is Karl's debut track for Kosmic. It's a great acid/trance song, 
and just a hint of what's to come from this great musician. 
Keep an eye out for more great songs by Karl from Kosmic soon, 
as well as his great tracks in the upcoming EGG musicdisk #3, "Feelin' Groovy".          

Some of the files mention a "Tracked Tribute to the Aphex Twin" but I can't tell if that was actually ever produced. That file is from 1995.

/---------------------------\
         |            __               \
          \__________/  \               \
                         /     _         \
                        /    /  \         \
                       /     \    \        \
                      /        \    \       \
                     /    _____/      \      \
                    /   /               \     \
                   /  /                   \    \
                   \/                       \   \
              PC/AT: A Tracked Tribute to the \  \ Aphex Twin