IGNORED

Skinny Puppy w/ Lead Into Gold - When Nothing is True… Anything is Possible (2023 Farewell Tour)

Rubin Farr

Nice to see this post. Aside from autechre, easily my favourite music group. I believe this was originally planned for 2019/2020. I had the pleasure of seeing them in 2011 or so. Hope they eventually do a final leg in europe!

Would also love one more album but it doesn't look so likely. Then again, they released several albums after one of the most acrimonious band breakups I can recall.

Edited by gnarlybog
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

The last time I saw them live, Dwayne was still with us, and they are playing exact same club in St. Pete, which means I'm in.

Amazing! Which tour was this? Good memories?

14 minutes ago, gnarlybog said:

Amazing! Which tour was this? Good memories?

Too Dark Park, and Last Rights. Last Rights had a full size replica of the Hellraiser pillar, it was amazing

pillar.jpg

• Like 1

• Rubin Farr changed the title to Skinny Puppy w/ Lead Into Gold - When Nothing is True… Anything is Possible (2023 Farewell Tour)
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Full band rehearsals started a few days ago, with some pics on social media! Believe it or not, Cevin has not seen Ogre since 2017 when they last toured... Imagine working on-and-off for 40 years with someone you don't really like... Bizarre, but I love them.

Hope they do a European leg but who knows.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, gnarlybog said:

Full band rehearsals started a few days ago, with some pics on social media! Believe it or not, Cevin has not seen Ogre since 2017 when they last toured... Imagine working on-and-off for 40 years with someone you don't really like... Bizarre, but I love them.

Hope they do a European leg but who knows.

It's like The Brian Jonestown Massacre lol I have no idea how they still tour together despite everything

Paul barker (Lead into Gold) has been posting some pics of rehearsals too... on his instagram and also Malekko Heavy Industry IG. Stoked for him to be going out on tour again. He's such a solid performer/composer and awesome human being. should be a great tour/show.  

edit: actually Was malekko josh's IG and not paul's.. pretty minimal rehearsal pic!

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 2

I’m seeing the Cincinnati show. Pretty exciting, I love lead into gold also. It’s crazy that in the same month Ministry and fla are playing. Former bass in sp bites, with ministry, former bass in ministry with sp 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rubin Farr said:

Ministry, or Skinny Puppy?

i'm a little more familiar with ministry, having worked with chris connelly. 

but i know nothing about skinny puppy. they seem like an interesting band.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alcofribas said:

… um, that’s awesome! CC is a legend. 

SP is astounding. They are probably one of the most theatrically artistic bands ever. Also, to me, they were like idm before idm. Some of their stuff jams so hard. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Alcofribas said:

A5348A48-A38B-417C-ACD2-AEE9DCAADEF3.jpeg

4 hours ago, J3FF3R00 said:

… um, that’s awesome! CC is a legend. 

SP is astounding. They are probably one of the most theatrically artistic bands ever. Also, to me, they were like idm before idm. Some of their stuff jams so hard. 

yeah chris rules, super cool guy. 
I need to binge a bunch of skinny puppy records this spring. 

• Like 2

The lyrics to Spasmolytic always give me goosebumps. So dark.
Made the mistake of putting it on a mix cd for a friend in uni. I have learned that this is a love or hate band, haha. Never an in between.

I have been a Patreon subscriber of Cevin Key's for a few years now. Every weekend he hosts an interview with other artists and friends. He has been annoyingly hush hush about skinny puppy for a while, but I think that may be due to a tour NDA which has been delayed since covid. Anyways, I recommend it!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Alcofribas said:

can some one tell me the story of their break up? 

Oh man, it could fill a book. I tried to give it a shot, but it was turning into an essay... A wikipedia read is probably the best general run-through.
It reminds me of Autechre in a way, because no matter how much I learn about the bands inner workings and methods, it still retains this unknowable and mysterious quality.

Basically they first broke up in the mid 90s after a string of incredible albums, due to long-brewing tensions between members, an overdose and tragic death of a member Dwayne, and the record label meddling with what was a delicate collaboration. I believe around 7 years later they were offered a stupid amount of money to play the Doomsday festival in Germany, which then led to 4 more albums with a very different sound. Much more melodic and idm-influenced, while still being very experimental. They are in their 60s now and still don't get along, so this will be their final tour. Cevin has not ruled out future music though, but it would be torturous to wait for it. 

8 hours ago, gnarlybog said:

Oh man, it could fill a book. I tried to give it a shot, but it was turning into an essay... A wikipedia read is probably the best general run-through.
It reminds me of Autechre in a way, because no matter how much I learn about the bands inner workings and methods, it still retains this unknowable and mysterious quality.

Basically they first broke up in the mid 90s after a string of incredible albums, due to long-brewing tensions between members, an overdose and tragic death of a member Dwayne, and the record label meddling with what was a delicate collaboration. I believe around 7 years later they were offered a stupid amount of money to play the Doomsday festival in Germany, which then led to 4 more albums with a very different sound. Much more melodic and idm-influenced, while still being very experimental. They are in their 60s now and still don't get along, so this will be their final tour. Cevin has not ruled out future music though, but it would be torturous to wait for it. 

i love good band stories. these guys have always been in the periphery for me. back in like 94 i had one of their cds bc i was really into nin and they were one of the bands that seemed to pop up in magazines and stuff when i was reading about nin. i did not understand their music at the time. but, i was 12

also: post the essay, m9

Edited by Alcofribas
  • Like 1