IGNORED

Andrea - Due In Colour (Ilian Tape ITLP14)

manmower

Andrea’s second album “Due In Color“ was primarily created in 2020 and 2021. During these crazy and decelerated times he explored more hazy and experimental Jazz, which inspired him to use more acoustic sounds in his productions. Dark loud clubs are in a far away distance, while Andrea takes us to wonderful blooming fields.

Should be out everywhere by the end of March. I'm a fan of pretty much everything he's done so far, and despite what the blurb would have you believe this doesn't sound all that different from Ritorno, his first long player.

• Like 7

• 9 months later...

Finally got around to listening to this after seeing it mentioned on several best-of-2023 lists, and hot damn it's gorgeous! A must-have - I've been playing a lot more 150-160 bpm tracks lately and this is top. 

• 2 months later...

Good bump. Forgot about this. I know (some) watmm loves Bandcamp and hates Spotify but I do wish Ilian Tape put there stuff up on the latter. Even though I respect their decision. 

1 hour ago, bronchuseven said:

As a non-spotifier I had no idea Ilian Tape refused to upload their catalogue. Good move imo, but there are certainly downsides. 

Ilian Tape catalogue was on Spotify, but following Skee Mask move, they decided to remove it.

https://ra.co/news/76604

5 hours ago, bronchuseven said:

As a non-spotifier I had no idea Ilian Tape refused to upload their catalogue. Good move imo, but there are certainly downsides. 

Can understand Skee Mask because he is genuinely brilliant and can sell plenty of records and has a Bandcamp following thing going on, and can afford to go 'off piste' and not give a shit about Spotify. But I don't understand perhaps why Ilian Tape wouldn't have their less well known artists not on there. Doesn't make sense to me. Surely you want lots of people to listen to your music? Maybe not I guess. After all Skee Mask had all his shit up on Spotify, then got popular, and then pulled the plug. Now the lesser known artists suffer? Odd in my opinion.

You know I'm not frothing at the gills bothered about this, just means I don't really listen to their music. I spent thousands of pounds from the late 80's the early 2000's on cd's (still don't own The Wall by Floyd, my early teenage obsession, on CD because it cost nearly £40) so I'm well happy for a tenner a month I listen to pretty much whatever I want. I''m well fucking happy with that and over the moon to be honest. I love Spotify.

Edited by beerwolf

On 3/22/2024 at 2:32 PM, beerwolf said:

Good bump. Forgot about this. I know (some) watmm loves Bandcamp and hates Spotify but I do wish Ilian Tape put there stuff up on the latter. Even though I respect their decision. 

There are Ilian Tape releases on it, just a couple of the artists choose not to