IGNORED

Everything You Do Is A Balloon Is So Damn Good I Can Barely Stand It.

Spoiler

last time I listened to boc I played mhtrtc while I was high on cocaine and I thought I would love it but I was extremely surprised about how uninteresting it sounded att... maybe I'll stop listening to boc...

Spoiler

or stop doing cocaine... hard choice I know... ? ? I'm craving burgers...

Edited by cruising for burgers
  • Burger 1
  • Big Brain 1

Remember being round a mates house at a gathering and being smashed out of my mind on cocaine and everyone was listening to REM Automatic For The People. I was like a hungry caged carnivorous animal with only a plate of cold salad ? to feast on. I just wanted to BE THE BEAST.

Act like a beast. Snort like a beast. Howl like a beast. Scratch like a beast. Smell like a beast. Pound my chest like a beast. Snarl like a beast. Grunt and groan like a beast. Crouch like a beast. Drink like a beast. Shit like a beast. Cock out like a beast. Spunk like a BWEAST…

One cannot be The Cocaine Beast while listening to Automatic For The People. It’s totally impossible. Trapped in a cage!!

I would imagine MHTRTC might be a better option than Automatic For The People. On cocaine.

Man this thread has had just done a total 180 ? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Spoiler

I think I can elaborate a bit more on that... every sound was very concrete... every beat was just samples disjointed from each other with no groove at all... kinda like 2 dimensional, like staring at a daw's piano roll... and there was no emotion on the melodies/harmonies, they were just 'sitting' there... flowing horizontaly without any kind of depth...

I don't do cocaine very often so maybe that's why...

and this doesn't happen just with boc... it's something recurrent and it keeps annoying me tbh...

but I've also had this feeling while on acid, the music wasn't music, it was just stuff standing there... with lots of empty space in between everything...

I also tried zappa after 6 months without touching weed... smoked one weed from a vape and I got scared shitless, couldn't tell if what I was hearing was what was actually playing... or maybe I was hearing stuff I've never noticed before in in songs... but damn I couldn't stand the trip...

it's probs time to lay of the drugs b4 they lay of me...

Edited by cruising for burgers

yeah sorry for derailing your thread @Friendly StrangerI'm gonna move these comments to the fwp thread...

btw you're always be Ted from Westworld to me, I mean, when I  look at your profile pic on mobile that's him that I picture in my head...

download.jpeg.685c809482636f080a3c306c6f1450c2.jpeg

he's very handsome so take that as a compliment...

• Like 1

Friendly Stranger has indeed a fine profile pic. I’ve always wondered who it is….It is indeed a handsome man. And a great photo. Thats not something I usually how I think about things (good looking guys lol). Always found that picture intriguing. Not sure if it’s him? Or who it is. Anyway….

Maybe I could word this better…

7 hours ago, Friendly Stranger said:

I mean I always knew, but there are times I’ll listen to it and I get sent to a whole different place. It’s truly one of a kind.

Absolutely sensational.  It’s where the BoC fanaticism began, with that Skampler compilation in 1997.  Hi-Scores and EYDIAB.  What a contribution.  Incredible.

2 hours ago, beerwolf said:

Friendly Stranger has indeed a fine profile pic. I’ve always wondered who it is….It is indeed a handsome man. And a great photo. Thats not something I usually how I think about things (good looking guys lol). Always found that picture intriguing. Not sure if it’s him? Or who it is. Anyway….

Maybe I could word this better…

spacer.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello! 

This is maybe a very noob question all people already know here but I was listening to this track today and I hear on BoC Maxima it sounds very Bit Crushed compared to the one in Hi Scores. 

Is it supposed to be like that or is my copy of BoC Maxima bad? 

On 6/16/2023 at 10:56 AM, cern said:

Hello! 

This is maybe a very noob question all people already know here but I was listening to this track today and I hear on BoC Maxima it sounds very Bit Crushed compared to the one in Hi Scores. 

Is it supposed to be like that or is my copy of BoC Maxima bad? 

I mean, no ones copy of BOC Maxima is GOOD by any stretch...(outside of those who might actually own it). What you're most likely hearing is a dub or a tape copy

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 5/13/2023 at 8:13 PM, beerwolf said:

Remember being round a mates house at a gathering and being smashed out of my mind on cocaine and everyone was listening to REM Automatic For The People. I was like a hungry caged carnivorous animal with only a plate of cold salad ? to feast on. I just wanted to BE THE BEAST.

Act like a beast. Snort like a beast. Howl like a beast. Scratch like a beast. Smell like a beast. Pound my chest like a beast. Snarl like a beast. Grunt and groan like a beast. Crouch like a beast. Drink like a beast. Shit like a beast. Cock out like a beast. Spunk like a BWEAST…

One cannot be The Cocaine Beast while listening to Automatic For The People. It’s totally impossible. Trapped in a cage!!

I would imagine MHTRTC might be a better option than Automatic For The People. On cocaine.

Man this thread has had just done a total 180 ? 

what the fuck I don't remember posting this, 2023 as well. must of been beer for starters, red wine for main and beer for dessert 

definitely no drugs

It's actually true about coked up mates, round Mr Mace's house and like most of my pals is a waste of space when it comes to music, Matt Smith said ''lets listen to some music!'' and all Gary had was fucking Automatic For The People (though a fine album it's not exactly a party album is it?). Pretty sure it was by the third track I had the mind-blowing announcement to turn it fucking off. Everyone agreed and breathed a sigh of relief.

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1