IGNORED

Ae 2020 fan interactions

toaoaoad

So in 2020, during the early months of the pandemic lockdown, I am aware Ae (or mainly Sean?) was interacting quite extensively with fans. I wasn't involved in watmm at the time so I missed out on a lot of that, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to find all those bits, and have a summary of all that happened.

It seems this stuff is scattered over various threads which are buried in the subforum. And I'm aware that some youtube channels out there are hosting some of the material.

My request for the dedicated Ae subforum-ers who were around at the time is this:  Can we put together all the material from this period in one thread? Who was around and remembers everything that happened? Sure we could go digging for the various threads and channels etc hosting this stuff, but why not put it all together in one place if we can?

Cheers!

Edited by toaoaoad

1 hour ago, toaoaoad said:

My request for the dedicated Ae subforum-ers who were around at the time is this:  Can we put together all the material from this period in one thread?

no. 

Spoiler

but srsly.. go for it. i'm sure everyone missed a lot. but it's probably all on youtube in the twitch streams

Edited by ignatius

4 hours ago, ignatius said:

but srsly.. go for it. i'm sure everyone missed a lot. but it's probably all on youtube in the twitch streams

I guess idealistically I was hoping that people who were around for all that would be able to list the different events that happened or whatever, where the material/archives etc can be found. Too lazy on my part? Yeah I could go searching for stuff but it has been sketchy so far at best. I guess I thought the people who were around when it was actually happening (i.e. not me) would be keen to reminisce. Also as these forums are public there are probably a lot of anonymous fans browsing who also didn't catch these things when they happened, who would appreciate everything being in one place.  :shrug:

4 minutes ago, toaoaoad said:

I guess idealistically I was hoping that people who were around for all that would be able to list the different events that happened or whatever, where the material/archives etc can be found. Too lazy on my part? Yeah I could go searching for stuff but it has been sketchy so far at best. I guess I thought the people who were around when it was actually happening (i.e. not me) would be keen to reminisce. Also as these forums are public there are probably a lot of anonymous fans browsing who also didn't catch these things when they happened, who would appreciate everything being in one place.  :shrug:

i don't remember any of it except sean made a handful of posts then checked out.  the twitch streams compiled on youtube are full of lot's of info on lot's of topics. all 11 hours of them are worth a listen for whatever particular nuggets someone is looking for. 

3 hours ago, ignatius said:

i don't remember any of it except sean made a handful of posts then checked out.  the twitch streams compiled on youtube are full of lot's of info on lot's of topics. all 11 hours of them are worth a listen for whatever particular nuggets someone is looking for. 

Those AMAs were later on, I'm talking about the 2020 stuff. But yes these are great as well 

My recollection of that time was Sean doing a lot of extended musical excepts set to video clips that reacted to the sound… though according to Sean it was the other way; the music reacted to the video feed. And while that seems like a very cool thought, i have doubts. I tuned in through multiple days and there were some days that had very similar loops/elements that popped up regardless of if the video feed was a play through for a race car game or an amorphous object moving about, or even the chat window turning itself into an amorphous pulsating blob. 
sure sure multiple days/times did have sounds that were very different. But at no point did I see any signs that the music playing was directly influenced by the images (given several dramatically different images accompanying similar musical moments) 

and really you can catch up on a lot of the music/visuals through YouTube archives 

likely what your really want is the juicy chat content covered in parallel to all of this stuff. 
sadly this twitch chat was not dense with info in the same way most of the 2022 twitch ama streams went. 
most of it, as I remember, were people just posting LOLz in the chat window, and Sean periodically dropping in  and using the Moderator-Sword to delete people 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, fizzkinz said:

My recollection of that time was Sean doing a lot of extended musical excepts set to video clips that reacted to the sound… though according to Sean it was the other way; the music reacted to the video feed. And while that seems like a very cool thought, i have doubts.

Was he maybe referring to this collection (though this was back in 2018):

• Like 1

On 11/15/2023 at 12:15 AM, toaoaoad said:

My request for the dedicated Ae subforum-ers who were around at the time is this:  Can we put together all the material from this period in one thread? Who was around and remembers everything that happened? Sure we could go digging for the various threads and channels etc hosting this stuff, but why not put it all together in one place if we can?

You can find the mixlr tracklists here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XvL1KUvOOC3G1kwRujtb6sgx10MP--EMPG2mr_LOAv4/edit?usp=sharing

Keen to get involved in organising material, but preferably not in a forum thread ("was that important URL on the 67th page or the 193rd?")

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1