IGNORED

Studio Pics

Guest brianellis

Are you aware, that Istanbul....

was Constantinople, but now it's Istanbul not Constantinople, so if you have a date in Constantinople she'll be waiting in Istanbul?

Edited by Brandi_B

Guest theSun

oscilliks (old) studio looks god awful to operate.

it doesn't look too bad considering it appears to be 10-15 years ago. as long as you set it up efficiently and you're familiar with how everything is chained together it could be way better than some DAWs. plus it just looks like so much fun with all those 80s colors.

edit- just spied the ipod, is it just all old gear? i'm no good at old hardware IDing. what year was it taken?

edit edit - omg 1st gen ipod released in 2001 now i feel like an senile old man

Edited by theSun

Here we go, I finally found some old footage of my "studio" as it was ten years ago, back when I was nineteen:

studio1.jpg

Roland SH-101 in my bedroom

studio2.jpg

Roland TB-303 in my bedroom (I can only assume I liked to play it when I first woke up or something, I really can't remember)

studio3.jpg

Korg MS-2000

studio4.jpg

Novation Drumstation, cheap vocoder and TB-303 clone, Akai S-2000, Roland U-220, I think. It's been a while, so I could be wrong about some of those. Plus Windowlicker poster, naturally.

studio5.jpg

For contrast, here's my current setup. Since I moved into my own place with my girlfriend, and actually had to start paying proper rent, I could no longer afford (financially or in terms of storage space) to collect synths. And as we're renting, we have no control over the garish wallpaper/paint, although you can just about see the corner of a Designers Republic poster I'm using to brighten up the place.

Hopefully we'll be able to buy our own place soon, then I hope to at least get a bigger desk and full size keyboard.

you re all welcome to come and jam here at my studio, if you ever decide to visit Turkey, Antalya!

I dont want to cause jealousy or something but this studio is in a bungalow by the sea, so if I open those curtains, I see the sea :)

it is my bedroom as well but you dont have to worry about that:P

The only thing that would be cooler is if it was actually in the sea, so you look out the window and there's fish looking back at you!

studio5.jpg

For contrast, here's my current setup. Since I moved into my own place with my girlfriend, and actually had to start paying proper rent, I could no longer afford (financially or in terms of storage space) to collect synths. And as we're renting, we have no control over the garish wallpaper/paint, although you can just about see the corner of a Designers Republic poster I'm using to brighten up the place.

Hopefully we'll be able to buy our own place soon, then I hope to at least get a bigger desk and full size keyboard.

Thats pretty much my set up at the moment. 'Cept I dont have a mac :whistling:

EDIT: Or reason. So basically, computer + axiom.

Edited by chassis

Neither did I until they ran on Unix. :) If you think of it as the combination of Unix and a pretty interface, you can't lose!

Neither did I until they ran on Unix. :) If you think of it as the combination of Unix and a pretty interface, you can't lose!

*nix ftw

There are plenty of pretty *nix OS's. I would think of it as a rock solid Unix. I can't wait until I have the cash to snag a mac. Probably hitting up the Mac Mini.

I can't wait until I have the cash to snag a mac.

For what it's worth, I got mine relatively cheap as it was refurbished. I figure getting the machine a few hundred pounds cheaper is worth having one or two dead pixels...

For what it's worth, I got mine relatively cheap as it was refurbished. I figure getting the machine a few hundred pounds cheaper is worth having one or two dead pixels...

Depending on the location of said dead pixels that might drive me insane.

Guest iamabe

My so called "set up"

how do you manage to sit at a desk like that? like, where do you put your legs?

Guest theSun

Depending on the location of said dead pixels that might drive me insane.

my 19" has 1 dead pixel smack dab in the middle of the screen. it bothered the fuck out of me for like 6 months but after that i barely noticed. it was some cheap ass brand so i guess i got what i paid for.

normal shot:

kcinsustudio.jpg

panorama 1:

equippanorama.jpg

panorama 2:

roompanorama.jpg

I used some trial software for the panorama shots, hence the dividing lines... if I pay, those wouldn't be there. but meh.

normal shot:

kcinsustudio.jpg

panorama 1:

equippanorama.jpg

panorama 2:

roompanorama.jpg

I used some trial software for the panorama shots, hence the dividing lines... if I pay, those wouldn't be there. but meh.

Nice! Curse you for having windows right there. The only window in my living room is about 8" from the front of wahtver cars are parked right there, and if I open the windows all I get is exhaust fumes and the noise of cars driving right by. So yes. Do not take them beautiful greens for granted =D

Edit: Just noticed the grrovy thing above the bed running along the wall. V. nice.

Everybody's all into these abelton type controllers, why can't i be normal and like them too. I just don't vibe with them :( Plus I don't use abelton b/c I don't vibe with it either.

Edited by Brandi_B

I lived for 2+ years in a room where the window was in a cutout of the building... my window looked into our kitchen window... so for any privacy from my nightmare roommates, was to keep my blinds closed. it was like living in a cave for 2 years, and the most claustrophobic ive ever felt in a place. I vowed to only move into a room with bay windows after that!

mc eschers metamorphose 2. its given me more ideas for music than I can list!

escher_metamorphose_9.jpg

Autostitch - works a treat, as they say.

pc only :(

but I did just dl the iphone version. results are decent.

post-70-002663900 1279051805_thumb.jpg

Guest analogue wings

my music room has a beautiful bay window with stained glass inlays

but it faces directly at the shady block of flats next door so nofukkenwai i'm ever opening that curtain :sad:

I lived for 2+ years in a room where the window was in a cutout of the building... my window looked into our kitchen window... so for any privacy from my nightmare roommates, was to keep my blinds closed. it was like living in a cave for 2 years, and the most claustrophobic ive ever felt in a place. I vowed to only move into a room with bay windows after that!

mc eschers metamorphose 2. its given me more ideas for music than I can list!

escher_metamorphose_9.jpg

I fucking love Escher, and the metamorphose shit just blows my mind.