IGNORED

Studio Pics

Guest brianellis

HHmmm good ideas all around. That totally makes sense. I think I tend to use any stable configuration for a project, so then I have to explore all the variations possible within that setup.

The main annoyance I face now, is that I always make music at night after the baby is asleep, and our flat is kinda small, so I have to be quite. I can't be banging around all the time. In that sense it's nice to have a stable setup I can just switch on and use.

HHmmm good ideas all around. That totally makes sense. I think I tend to use any stable configuration for a project, so then I have to explore all the variations possible within that setup.

The main annoyance I face now, is that I always make music at night after the baby is asleep, and our flat is kinda small, so I have to be quite. I can't be banging around all the time. In that sense it's nice to have a stable setup I can just switch on and use.

That makes a lot of sense. I'm fortunate to have a room dedicated to music. That said, I don't think I make too much noise setting stuff up... I could be wrong though. Would it be helpful for you to put down some fabric to dampen the sound of your gear being put on solid surfaces? I imagine this would also help protect your gear and those surfaces too. I do this with my mixer because it tends to scratch up surfaces if I don't. Also it's a way to make your workspace look a little classier.

cheers dudes :)

jesus how long did that little collection take to get together. I'm not even sure I'd be able to productively use a studio that big hahahaha.

iv'e had the mc303 since the mid 90's i think so been buying cheap gear since then but most of the stuff was picked up in the last 7-8 years, i got a full time job, a 3 bedroom flat and found ebay

i spend most of my time playing around in here, not very productive but i think thats just me, i dont do much if i'm just using my laptop either

a great place to lose a few hours tho ;)

haha fair enough. :) I think the best route to a proper studio is always through cheap kit unless you really want to dump thousands all at one time. Since I'm american, and I live in Europe I try to bring stuff over here when I visit home, and resell it for the european price. :) I have a family and stuff so I can't really justify spending tons on stuff for fun only. Electribes are perfect as they are not super common here and always in demand. I can get almost double here for them! Eventually I'd like to have an mpc or some elektron kit for sequencing. And a new mixer. :p

BTW I love how you've setup your mixer. Did you build those angled rack cases yourself? Nice stuff. :)

Edited by slightlydrybeans

woah nice. What do you do for work? I like that I can see my avatar on your screen hahaha.

I work at a production company where I'm hired to make make music and sound fx for all kinds of stuff.

Plus, I make music and sound as a freelancer for radio shows, animation studios, and art exhibitions.

woah nice. What do you do for work? I like that I can see my avatar on your screen hahaha.

I work at a production company where I'm hired to make make music and sound fx for all kinds of stuff.

Plus, I make music and sound as a freelancer for radio shows, animation studios, and art exhibitions.

jesus. dream job right there.

Trust me - working for "artists" can be a fucking pain in the motherfucking ass.

oh no I'd never do this for money. :p I work as a graphic designer so I know exactly what it's like being a creative professional. Shit can be so exhausting. I would like to produce a band sometime, but I'd never just be a recording engineer or mix dood. no way.

Edited by slightlydrybeans

Trust me - working for "artists" can be a fucking pain in the motherfucking ass.

yesh i bet.. still, would love to do something like this in theory lol