IGNORED

Studio Pics

Guest brianellis

Guest Thisket

TR-606 between the far-back 202 & the microkorg, MFB-502 is the little black thing between the Korg and same 202. There's an MFB-502 in Tridact's post.

Also thanks, I try to keep a nice environment. :)

TR-606 between the far-back 202 & the microkorg, MFB-502 is the little black thing between the Korg and same 202. There's an MFB-502 in Tridact's post.

Question about the 202 since I'm too lazy to look into it, I've toyed with buying one for a while, am I correct in my understanding that the sequencer is two tracks, ie, I could run seperate sequences, one to the internal synth and the other controlling my dotcom modular?

Edited by ten fingers ten toes

Guest analogue wings

Question about the 202 since I'm too lazy to look into it, I've toyed with buying one for a while, am I correct in my understanding that the sequencer is two tracks, ie, I could run seperate sequences, one to the internal synth and the other controlling my dotcom modular?

YES.

Thisket, how do you synch up yr 606 and 202s with the rest of your rig?

YES.

Thisket, how do you synch up yr 606 and 202s with the rest of your rig?

Oh now that's just nuts on a cracker. I'm now having dreams of midi/din syncing the 202 and Micro Modualr together, all running little sync' sequences along with the big daddy modular.....

Guest analogue wings

202s are meant to be a total bastard to program but they sound like GOD. Like a 303/101 but with DEEP FUCKING BASS.

EDIT: seems BOTH the seq channels can drive external devices. Cool.

Edited by analogue wings

202s are meant to be a total bastard to program but they sound like GOD. Like a 303/101 but with DEEP FUCKING BASS.

There's a program called "202hack" that translates a MIDI sequence into 202 tape dump data. Even translates certain CC's into "neat tricks" like fake 303-style slides.

Here it is

Edited by ten fingers ten toes

Guest Thisket

Yes... it's very neat. Very timely as well... that nice MC-4 lineage. :)

Analogue Wings: I have these lovely cheap boxes off of ebay... dinsync.com or whatnot. You can see a dinsync box somewhere around there... it's very small. Simple and run by conventional ac-adaptors. I also have a midi-cv box made by them for the MS-10 (on top). Very nice for the price.

Also, yes - they are hard to program. I'm still learning, but it's very odd, especially with the "huge" 4-5 number LCD. Deep bass and glistening slides, hot saws, etc... very fat, especially when doubled :). I'm still trying to afford cords, etc. There isn't one I'm not using at the moment... :(

p.s. - 2 202s seem to be worth 1 or 2 thirds of a 303 at this point.

Guest feta lol
well...

for the record that is not mine

how did you get past my vicious guard dogs?

Guest Glass Plate

any ideas for a good affordable synth? I've been thinking mabybey an SH-101, or SH-1000 (there have been some on e-bay for like 300-500, but not in the last month). If a good affordable CS-10 or something came up I'd get it, I dunno, any help/advice on acquiring a nice affordable synth would be nice.