IGNORED

Studio Pics

Guest brianellis

Guest Vegeta897

A pierced rack ear, that's brilliant.

Nice studio btw. The lighting and wood makes it look very cozy.

Guest Vegeta897

Sorry double post: looks like you've got a post-it note covering after the "MS", what does it say?

studio.jpg

Wow I liked the way you have rearranged things, seems more streamlined, also looks like you got some new speakers sans stain

Guest blicero
behringer mixer with one heavily pierced rack ear

wtf? did you mod the spacer into a patch bay? at first I thought it was a modular filter bank or something. that would be doep!

that gives me a great idea!!! slap a doepfer spring reverb next to it, and maybe a filter on the other side...

Edited by blicero

Guest hahathhat
wtf? did you mod the spacer into a patch bay? at first I thought it was a modular filter bank or something. that would be doep!

that gives me a great idea!!! slap a doepfer spring reverb next to it, and maybe a filter on the other side...

that sounds like what goes throuygh my head all day.

and, it's not a patch bay. it's a 3in2out mixer and 2x jade fuzz distortion. it needs a new battery

Guest Vegeta897

I'm seeing 2 mixers. And a multitrack.

With two mixers you have more channels, simple enough.

Edited by Vegeta897

Guest analogue wings
a device that interferes with guitar pickups

you mean a tv remote?

you mean a tv remote?

nope, it's a little e-bow style box that 'transmits' a sawtooth wave to the guitar pickups. with a knob to control pitch, and a high pitch/low pitch/off switch.

you guys have some fancy studios, everyone repost their pics and link to some samples of stuff youve made in them

im not going to post mine, because its a laptop and a sampler on my bed/couch, somewhere near a record player sometimes. i couldnt imagine building a big studio with expensive equipment and making it all polished and nice looking, and then sitting down and trying to write something.

you guys have some fancy studios, everyone repost their pics and link to some samples of stuff youve made in them

you'll get to hear what my 'studio' is capable of when the rooftop access album is done. which should be soon, hopefully.

Guest hahathhat

im not going to post mine, because its a laptop and a sampler on my bed/couch, somewhere near a record player sometimes. i couldnt imagine building a big studio with expensive equipment and making it all polished and nice looking, and then sitting down and trying to write something.

link in my sig, more stuff in YLC

i would say my studio is NOT a member of any of the following categories: big, fancy, expensive

Guest hellomynameis

you mean a tv remote?

nope, it's a little e-bow style box that 'transmits' a sawtooth wave to the guitar pickups. with a knob to control pitch, and a high pitch/low pitch/off switch.

EBows dont make sawtooths?

Dont they use a sort of magnetic field type thing?

you mean a tv remote?

EBows dont make sawtooths?

Dont they use a sort of magnetic field type thing?

no, they don't, hence why i said "e-bow style" - meaning it's small and you hold it over the pickups.

but this device actually contains an oscillator, and instead of generating feedback via a magnetic coil or whatever (like on an e-bow), it generates a sawtooth wave that gets output through a coil (i guess? heh i dunno how it works), and into the pickups.

Guest minuek

dscf0166ym5.jpg

G5 Powermac dual 1.8

Powerbook 12" ( For live shows and using as a soft synth)

Mac mini

Mackie Onyx satellite

Korg Kaosillator

Roland TR-505

Various Circuit Bent toys

Evolution Midi Keyboard

Korg - Pad Kontrol

Logic Studio

Ableton Live

Reaktor

Guest hahathhat
why does looking at this picture make me feel like I'm spinning

because i am good at taking pictures

I sent off my rental application today... hopefully I'll move into this new place on may 20th, and have my gear arrive sometime within 3-4 weeks from now.

it's a 12x12 room, and I'll have to also fit my bed and basic living stuff in there as well, so I'll probably have to down-grade.

I may scrap the 88 key controller, and the mackie control and extender... we shall see.

definitely getting a new, smaller desk.

I cant explain to you how psyched I am to be getting my gear, and getting back to work...

Guest rex sole

I really need to get some sort of rack/desktop/stand setup going on, but since I moved in to a tiny little flat due to work necessities I've had hadly any space to set my stuff up so I have had to resort to makeshift furniture arrangements. Behold the improvised groovebox stand, taken with a crap mobile phone camera!

post-3466-1210292839_thumb.jpg

There's a Desktop Evolver tucked away behind the 202 as well, which means I can't get to it and edit it via the front panel and have to control it entirely with the software editor. It's got a puzzling interface anyway so no big loss...