studio.png

I see an Emu Xtreem Lead or whatver the fuck the yellow one is called

2 x DrummStation (?)

Roland of some sort - U110?

studio.png

I see an Emu Xtreem Lead or whatver the fuck the yellow one is called

2 x DrummStation (?)

Roland of some sort - U110?

I'm impressed! :D It was my attempt about ten years ago to draw an Orbit, Super Bass Station, Drum Station and U-220. Well spotted!

Out of which I've had a Drum Station and U-220. I also had an actual TB-303, but looking back, the Super Bass Station would probably have been much easier to sync up and to be honest, it seems silly to get a synth that's a one trick pony while pretty much anything with a resonant filter can make nice acid lines.

Guest analogue wings

bass station has blue instead of orange innit

lol the orbit has "orbit" written on it :facepalm:

proteus 2000 modules are bloody handy things, esp if you get a decent expansion card or two. i have the plain black one which has a lot of extra stuff the colourful ones dont - 3 analogue outs, a digital out, double the polyphony, double the midi channels/miltitimbrality

plus I got the Planet Phatt card in there so it's basically a maxed out Mo'Phatt without the purple

2nd hand prices can be quite high tho considering how uncool romplers are

proteus 2000 modules are bloody handy things, esp if you get a decent expansion card or two. i have the plain black one which has a lot of extra stuff the colourful ones dont - 3 analogue outs, a digital out, double the polyphony, double the midi channels/miltitimbrality

plus I got the Planet Phatt card in there so it's basically a maxed out Mo'Phatt without the purple

2nd hand prices can be quite high tho considering how uncool romplers are

Even better priced, and even easier to integrate into my current studio setup, are the Digital Sound Factory soundfont versions of the Proteus modules' presets. I haven't yet used them as much as I was expecting to (I'm currently in another phase of making my own patches in a more versatile synth), but I still think it's amazing that technology moves on so quickly that I can have unlimited duplicates of all those romplers in effect. A dozen software samplers loaded with Peter Siedlaczek's Advanced Orchestra is even more impressive in that regard. In reasonably priced software and CDs alone, I have the kind of rack of samplers that a Hollywood composer in the nineties would have paid thousands for.

Guest analogue wings

yeah I used to be all about soundfonts when I had a SoundBlaster Live back in the day. Made quite a few of my own that I lost a couple of HD crashes ago :facepalm:

call me a luddite, but the Proteus gives me the guaranteed zero latency of the SoundBlaster, with the same sounds, plus I can gig without a fucking laptop

call me a luddite, but the Proteus gives me the guaranteed zero latency of the SoundBlaster, with the same sounds, plus I can gig without a fucking laptop

Yeah, that's a sensible choice if that's what you need. I don't really notice latency much, and I only ever gigged once, back when I made more upfront, in-your-face kind of music. I can't really imagine where I could play my new ambient music live without annoying the customers, so live playability isn't a factor I have to consider. :)

Here's my setup for Ableton. There's a microKORG and a TriggerFinger floating around there somewhere as well. My Renoise setup is the same, just without the FC-300 or the APC40.

26027_1403348613758_1533630082_31056421_3002553_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kodomo

here is my studio, I have a monomachine added to the equation now, and expecting my mixing console soon :)

studyo010410.jpg

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

nice stuff dewd, those are Adam A7s right? Those are the monitors I want to get in soon cause I hear their definition is insane but I heard their low end is pretty unpronounced? got a sub? what you say?

Guest kodomo

The Adam A7 s are very good indeed, quite flat and accurate. I tried a few but these were the most neutral. Genelecs had a kind of upper mid hype... I didnt need a sub, its very hard to mix with a sub for me. These are quite good enough for the whole range, it could ve gone a little lower, but I think they did it with the new version. I just feel a little annoyed with the port holes, as I hear (or do I imagine!) a sound, the pushing of air coming out of it which effects what I hear but very very very little. The best thing I did however was to get the Primacoustic Recoil Satbilizers under them, best money I spent, it felt like I upgraded my monitors to a much better version. I recommend them for getting the most out of your monitors.

*C64 with the fez is my fave too, nice spotting :)

Not done organizing, and missing some gear. But wanted to share my new desk and other red stuff ;) Not good quality pic, nor is everything on the side table plugged in, but it took me forever to put that desk together and I want to show off the fruits of my laborz.

studioz1.jpg

studioz2.jpg

studioz3.jpg

The purple box is the "agent 00funk" filter/env follower. It is absolutely fantastic, and I recommend everyone buy one. It's all analog and can do OB to rolandy 101-303 ish distorted filter sound, and just has a fantastic bite to it. The filter tracks extremely well and can be super sweet and nice and uber gnarly and brutal. :)

My filter factory is in for repairs, and there's a good bit of pedals and other guitar stuff scattered about while I re-vamp my setup. Also my cz-1 is back in NC cuz I didn't want to drive across the country with that heavy anvil of a synth. Sold my mopho (gonna get a mopho kb) and yamaha rs7000. The rs was awesome, but when you record you can only hear what you are playing and not the rest of the sounds, which is major fail. I have re-welcomed electribes into my life. Speaking of which the er,es, and ea are also not pictured (had them up for sale, buyer backed out, will likely hold onto the er).

oh and I bought some red thing ;P~~~~~~~

i just moved into an awesome new apartment!

I'll post a new pic soon, once all the choas of moving is cleared up. This is my best setup so for... it's how I've wanted to set it up for a long time, but didnt have the right space/dimensions in my old room.

Yay!

we're looking at buying a house/flat right now.

The choices are:

1. small and in the city with easy access to beer + social activity

2. bigger, outside town with room for a studio + garden

3. bigger, in the city in a gypsy neighborhood + easy access to heroin and cheap pussy

Not sure what I want yet. I would LOVE to have an attic studio room though. A man cave if you will.

here is my studio, I have a monomachine added to the equation now, and expecting my mixing console soon :)

studyo010410.jpg

old pic of when i actually had some hardware

this was before i got the Yamaha AW4416

setup.jpg

I've been trying to think of something to say, a deep comment or something, but I guess I'm in too much awe. So oscillik and Kodomo, very nice studios, I am totally jelly. Kodomo I am envious of your Minimoog voyager. That's something I'd really like to add to my setup.

Also uptowndevil, I love that lighting, I think I may need to bring some different colored lights and lava lamps back into my life =D

Edited by Brandi_B

Guest kodomo

you re all welcome to come and jam here at my studio, if you ever decide to visit Turkey, Antalya!

I dont want to cause jealousy or something but this studio is in a bungalow by the sea, so if I open those curtains, I see the sea :)

it is my bedroom as well but you dont have to worry about that:P

Edited by kodomo