IGNORED

aphex twin - blue calx remix

Guest Weird Al

Nice bass lines, oh so over used but i love them. here's to the aeolian scale :beer:

in general, very very nice feel. love the reverse-ish samples and the high pitched thing. beautiful. it makes me think of the future, kind of idyllic bright images flashing past of shiny white buildings and lush parks in the middle of gigantic cities

props!

Made some notes in the spirit of constructive criticism:

00:14 like the mix of familiarity and newness here

02:00 slightly more conventional sounds layeredover the afx background

02:17 bleepy bleeps dont sound ... integrated .. somehow

03:45 they soudn better now, perhaps its the reverb

(this is saw2, you gotta have reverb)

05:15 interesting mix of things here

07:00 is that a sitar? yikes

Overall: An enjoyable listen, you're starting with the liquid crystal afx background and then adding quite a lot of layers, it stays in ambient territory but loses some of the spooky spaciousness of the original. The drums and things give it a more conventional sound I would say. But then something has to change I guess, if your gonna do a remix. The bleepy bleeps were getting a bit repetitive by the end. Of course the original is very repetitive too, but thats forgiven because it sounded like it was made by aliens who hadn't had any sleep for a very long time. Ultimately, when it comes to remixing saw2, I think I preferred Wisp's tactic of adding loads of amen. Adding extra ambient sounds to SAW2 sounds nice, but doesnt have the same 'omg' impact.

great sounds @ 4:10 best part of the track imo. then it doesn't evolve much. maybe you could add some weird sounds and more melodies. the tack's too long for me, i guess it would require several listens tho.

other than that i agree with zazen's overall comment.

i agree with zazen for the most part... but as a stand alone track... i enjoy it very much... of course it doesn't have the "awe shit!" feel to it... but i wasn't really expecting it, cuz the original didn't do it for me either until about a few months after i heard it.

good work... i'll give it a 7.5 out of 10.

a definate keeper... a new addition to my ipod... and one of the best tracks i've heard in the past year here at ylc.

Guest oxiactionmax

this is nice, about as tasteful a remix as could really be expected from anyone, i personally think saw 2 is best left untouched but this is a great effort.

Guest Thisket

If SAWII weren't such a reverent piece of work, this would have definitely been on the remix record. Damn! So good.

Archived