IGNORED

IDM/Drill n Bass questions

Guest mephistosup

Guest mephistosup

Ok, I'm just wondering how, or what is the best way to get electronic music/Drill n bass style beats out of our Reason's/cubase etc.

If you listen to something along the lines of aphex twins Bucephalus bouncing ball, or even squarepushers my red hot car, which you would have all clearly heard, how do we achieve something so complex? My knowledge in reason at the moment is pretty limited admitedly, I'm running reason 2.5 with a USB midi keyboard controller. I also have cubase, reaktor 5, and recycle. I've made some pretty hot stuff, but the beats are far, far too simplistic for my musically matured mind.

I'm looking to create something along the electronic music lines, But loading beats into redrum really doesn't seem to cut it.

So my question is, what are the different methods and techniques to achieving this?

Cheeeeers fellas :heart:

xxx

Ok, I'm just wondering how, or what is the best way to get electronic music/Drill n bass style beats out of our Reason's/cubase etc.

If you listen to something along the lines of aphex twins Bucephalus bouncing ball, or even squarepushers my red hot car, which you would have all clearly heard, how do we achieve something so complex? My knowledge in reason at the moment is pretty limited admitedly, I'm running reason 2.5 with a USB midi keyboard controller. I also have cubase, reaktor 5, and recycle. I've made some pretty hot stuff, but the beats are far, far too simplistic for my musically matured mind.

I'm looking to create something along the electronic music lines, But loading beats into redrum really doesn't seem to cut it.

So my question is, what are the different methods and techniques to achieving this?

Cheeeeers fellas :heart:

xxx

I don't mean to be an ass, but there IS a search function.

Not even to mention a thread with almost the exact same title is about halfway down the page.

I've made some pretty hot stuff, but the beats are far, far too simplistic for my musically matured mind.

well, at least you're modest.

you and Tarsier should collab.

Guest Endoplasmic Reticulum

Its not that hard:

1. Setup some sort of midi controller to control the drum samples, keyboard or pads work good. Make sure music program is accepting data from said controller.

2. Aquire electronic music cat.

3. Give electronic music catnip to electronic music cat.

4. Place electronic music cat on midi device.

5. Poke and prod to get electronic music cat going.

6. electronic music beat sequence will be ready!

Guest SamWhite!
Its not that hard:

1. Setup some sort of midi controller to control the drum samples, keyboard or pads work good. Make sure music program is accepting data from said controller.

2. Aquire electronic music cat.

3. Give electronic music catnip to electronic music cat.

4. Place electronic music cat on midi device.

5. Poke and prod to get electronic music cat going.

6. electronic music beat sequence will be ready!

Yeah that's how I wrote out the previous stuff. I couldn't do anything without my electronic music cat.

Put the snare on 3 and 4. Add skittery noises inbetween [mostly distorted hihats but some random "bop" noises]. Put in lots and lots of other sounds and sound effects throughout the song traditionally falling on the "crash."

That's what you'll get out of listening to Aphex.

Or you could cop out and use the amen break like everyone else.

A tracker is really the only way to program super-tight precision edit hot hot hot drill beats. Sure you can fuck around in those other programs but why bother?

Guest SamWhite!
i downloaded the renoise demo, looks like a pain in the ass, whats up with the vertical shit?

Thats how trackers work?

Also, Venetian Snares uses trackers, just felt like throwing in.

Yes, vertical! My brain acts quite differently when using a tracker, going frrom top to bottom enagages my mind far more than the traditional left-to-right. Just because we read left to right doesn't mean we have to make music left to right!

i downloaded the renoise demo, looks like a pain in the ass, whats up with the vertical shit?

Thats how trackers work?

I suppose you missed

VSNARES IN RENOISE

Guest SamWhite!

Thats how trackers work?

I suppose you missed

VSNARES IN RENOISE

what?

Thats how trackers work?

I suppose you missed

VSNARES IN RENOISE

what?

http://forum.watmm.com/index.php?showtopic...ares+in+renoise

Tarsier: don't listen to them, you can make electronic music beats with pretty much any software (well... except garageband).

come on just give him help

(i wanna know too)

http://forum.watmm.com/index.php?showtopic=4318

Guest SamWhite!

ULCRESHXOBG, I don't understand how that means I "Obivously missed" that thread. Are you saying every person here already knows it then or what? I had seen that video a while ago, but not the thread.

Archived