IGNORED

Autechre ringtone

blos

So I got a phone that can accept an MP3 as a ringtone. All the preset sounds were revolting, so I thought about what I could use - something from the Conet project (which I tried, but it was too weird), or what? If only Autechre made ringtones.

Then I remembered the Gantz Graf DVD - the opening "ae" logo had a little signature tune with it. Passed it through Mac the Ripper and ffmpeg, and there you go. The phone even played it at the 48kHz sample rate, no problem.

I wonder where I could put the file for general enjoyment? It's only 252 kB even at 256kbps.

Guest disco_epilepsy

i actually tried making a midi ringtone for LCC a few days ago, not so i could use it (i still have an old phone with a standard ringing sound) but just to see if it was possible

it's not

i heard a girl say the other day "my phone is my life"

i saw a girl on the bus.. she had two different phones, and was perusing a mobile phone catalogue.

these things are just fucking telephones...

d'you know how hard it is to get one without the bells and whistles nowadays? took me three weeks to get one thhat's just a phone...

cost me thirty quid...

two hundred???? for a fucking telephone? give me a break.

and to you mobile addicts... here's a trip for you... go out without it... once...

can't can you.?

Guest typogra

i had a phone for a long time with no bells and whistles so when i finally had one with a game or two, it was kind of neat. but no one calls me though, so i wouldn't have ever heard that ringtone anyway!

i got a shitty nec 616v

it plays mp3s, but won't let you use them as ringtones... you can only use midis

AND they gotta be less than 20kb... so i have to use a midi editor to cut most down to size

i have "what is love" because well... you can be all roxbury when you get a call :S:S

*points to avatar of previous person*

nah... i should change it it's shit

i heard a girl say the other day "my phone is my life"

i saw a girl on the bus.. she had two different phones, and was perusing a mobile phone catalogue.

these things are just fucking telephones...

d'you know how hard it is to get one without the bells and whistles nowadays? took me three weeks to get one thhat's just a phone...

cost me thirty quid...

two hundred???? for a fucking telephone? give me a break.

and to you mobile addicts... here's a trip for you... go out without it... once...

can't can you.?

i used to be like that cause I get hooked on technology really easily.... until I realized that I barely even use it.. and when I do i'm talking to people I don't want to talk to... it stays on vibrate

edit: that said it would be really nice to have a phone with quick and reliable firmware, with few features that was stylish and easy to use.... they're all pretty crappy IMO

Guest feta lol

i wish that there was a sight where you could download cool songs for ringtones and not christina aguilera or some other fag shit.

i got grateful dead- sugar magnolias as my ringtone btw

Bought myself a Motorola E398 because you can hack the crap out of Motorola phones and it plays mp3 ringtones with great bass really well. Great phone. Here's some Autechre clips which work pretty well.

Guest M83J01P97

Speaking of Autechre and ring tones and phones.

Anyone seen the LG Mobile phone adverts that uses a tune off Untilted?

Sell outs lol4eva.

Didn't realise I could attach. The little file is a 256kbps stereo MP3 at 48kHz. Even if you hate it as a ringtone (am getting that way, especially after being shamed by the "just ring" aesthetes) I guess it's an Autechre track some of you may not have!

ae_intro_stereo.mp3

I have the first 28 seconds of DMX Krew's remix of Cylob's Rewind as my ring. I had tried part of Windowlicker but it sounds like complete shit comming out of my phone (Nokia 6101). I'll probably try others int he future but right now Im rockin with DMX.

Also, I like that my phone has a camera and plays mp3's. I think music as ring tones has moved beyond the realm of annoying and into just the norm, so I might as well enjoy the music that comes out of it.

Also, without my phone camera, I would never have been able to take a picture of the "Cock Flavored" soup packet at my local grocery without buying cock flavored soup mix, or have made a special trip back with a camera just to get a cheap laugh.

Also also, I can't go without a mobile phone because I don't have a land line. I find that, since Im going to have a mobile phone anyway, and it has free long distance, along with free nights and weekends, it makes no sense for me to have a land line. I suppose I COULD go without phone service for several days, and in fact, I probably go several days at times without really using my phone, but really now...

Christ, the phone has rung ten times in the last three or four days, and fully eight of them I have stood and thought, "what's that nice wispy humming on the edge of my hearing?" for a minute, then thought "oh god I have missed another call."

So anyone got a nice clear, unmistakeable phone ring for me?!?

• 1 month later...
i wish that there was a sight where you could download cool songs for ringtones and not christina aguilera or some other fag shit.

i got grateful dead- sugar magnolias as my ringtone btw

People at my school keep talking about some shit called "mobile17" that allows you to put any song on your phone alledgedly or something. fuck I don't have a fucking cell so yeah.

• 1 month later...
Guest neutral

i really want an air raid siren as my ringtone

runners up would be dialup modem handshake noises, and data files converted to audio

im a little worried the air raid siren will scare people, with all the reverb and stuff... people who remember the 50s moreso

Archived