IGNORED

glasgow 15/04/2005

kaini

just grabbed this set, and jesus christ it's awesome incarnate. this NEEDS to be an official live release. like distilled autechre, but dancefloor-friendly distilled autechre.

gods, where has this recording been all my life? it's great.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
just grabbed this set, and jesus christ it's awesome incarnate. this NEEDS to be an official live release. like distilled autechre, but dancefloor-friendly distilled autechre.

gods, where has this recording been all my life? it's great.

where have u been - that is indeed the question davey boy. Was at the gig that night (with gump and mosca) and it rocked my mind. Best live electronic experience of my life, I'd say. The recording was taken off the desk and fell into my hands within a week of the gig. There it stayed, other than being passed to the 2 afore mentioned fellow watmmers.... until it appeared on slsk. I promised not to put it on the web, but did notice one day that it had been copied to my shared folder after adding it to my itunes..and some polish guy was downloading it. oooops.

we all bought t-shirts of course, and coupled with the audio recording it makes for a great memento of one of the finest nights in Glasgow School of Art that I've ever had. Beat the shit out of a rather dysmal show by Tom Jenkinson later that year in Nov incidentally.

Everyone knows the best shows are to be found in Glasvegas.

i love this live set. I listeneded to it all the way through probably over 40 times. i had to take a break from it for a while. I hope autechre's newest lp more in this direction than a redux of their overly shuffly triplet beats (ala untilted). I have cut this into individual tracks to use for using in Traktor. It's kind of hard to decide though when a new track starts. The whole thing is one non stop beat that stays the same tempo for the majority of the show.

i love this live set. I listeneded to it all the way through probably over 40 times. i had to take a break from it for a while. I hope autechre's newest lp more in this direction than a redux of their overly shuffly triplet beats (ala untilted). I have cut this into individual tracks to use for using in Traktor. It's kind of hard to decide though when a new track starts. The whole thing is one non stop beat that stays the same tempo for the majority of the show.

Wow! Is there any chance you could upload them??

Yep, I've been totally addicted to the untilted bootlegs for most of this year. I'd say 75% of the music I listen to is those mp3s. Right now I'm hooked on the vamp of Lcc at around that 25 mins in.

Wow! Is there any chance you could upload them??

Yep, I've been totally addicted to the untilted bootlegs for most of this year. I'd say 75% of the music I listen to is those mp3s. Right now I'm hooked on the vamp of Lcc at around that 25 mins in.

im uploading them as we speak. Have you had a chance to check the recently leaked directboard recording of the Confield tour? Its all 100% unreleased music as well but a little more experimental.

hmmm, could be. i haven't really given untilted the proper listen it deserves yet, to be honest.

i'm getting a nice big bag of buds tomorrow; i might give it that listen then :D

hmmm, could be. i haven't really given untilted the proper listen it deserves yet, to be honest.

i'm getting a nice big bag of buds tomorrow; i might give it that listen then :D

yo, i think its them sampling crowd noise from possibly another show or a sample library. It is the same noise that appears on the album version and its definitly not sampled from this particular show. probably if you're fucked up at the show youd hallucinate that they were sampling the actual crowd though

song1

song2

song3

song4

song5

"man. machine. au-tek-er"

I think I read somewhere that it was "mono machine" owing to the use of the Elektron Mono Machine - http://www.monomachine.com/

spam

and i have to agree. the set is of amazing quality. :smiling:

Spam? I'd read on it on the Mu board a while back, ok smart hole?

spam no. 2 :tongue:

Have you had a chance to check the recently leaked directboard recording of the Confield tour? Its all 100% unreleased music as well but a little more experimental.

You mean "aelive2001.mp3"? It's cool, but gets a bit mental after a while. My favourite stuff from that tour has to be the Oregon show, they go in to this absolutely killer

melody from about 5 mins in to track2. One of their finest live moments......

Have to say though, I'd go mental if I ever found a soundboard recording of mcr quarter. One of my all time fave tracks.

sorry kaini - the unfortunate (well, unfortunate for the purposes of this question, but it was certainly very fortunate at the time) small fact that I was under the influence of powerful methylenedioxymethamphetamine at the time meant that I have no idea whether that was resampling of the crowd noise we'd only just made previously - or if it was entirely prerecorded/generated material.

It would be nice if it transpired that it was from that very same gig...being ingrained in that recording would be smashing.

Sadly, I suspect not.

@SAM - the t-shirt I got was grey with a silver hairline light-reflective autechre logo on left breast (small) and Untilted tour text on the back (larger).

There were other ones, black ones I think...I think Mo bought one.

woah i never saw those untilted on the back tshirts must have sold out by the time they reached notts. anyone got a pic of this tshirt

someone posted pics on this forum back in May last year with the various T designs photographed. Can't mind who...

I was there, at the Art School. It was dark and the speakers were loud. Rob Hall was there too.

aye, i apparently tried to set fire to Rob with my lighter when he was standing next to us in the crowd while ae were on. Or so Mosca and Gump seem to recall. I think I was trying to light a fag rather inaccurately...that was when you could still smoke inside of course. That's my story and I'm sticking to it anyway.

Archived