IGNORED

Autechre's absolute best track ever?

Guest Enter a new display name

Guest Bad Influence
The only coachella live set I have is from 1999. Track 8 is Bike and fits the description. Bike is of course on their first album. I could be thinking of a completely different gig than you are though. If you post the song I could tell you.

Here you go.

It was track nine. Missing track 8 so when I put it on cd 9 became 8 and so one.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest earlgrey
The only coachella live set I have is from 1999. Track 8 is Bike and fits the description. Bike is of course on their first album. I could be thinking of a completely different gig than you are though. If you post the song I could tell you.

Here you go.

It was track nine. Missing track 8 so when I put it on cd 9 became 8 and so one.

I haven't downloaded that - I'm on dialup speed right now - but I'm pretty sure you mean "gelk", the first track from Peel Session 2. The Coachella '99 gig - track #9 - precedes the song proper with a blast of noise. And yeah, it's a hell of a song, one of my favourite AE tracks.

Guest Enter a new display name
mcr quarter

I don't get the appeal of this track, just sounds like ravie-afx drowned out by a lot of crowd noise to me.

Yo, it's kaen! Don't comment his opinion! :devil:

mcr quarter

I don't get the appeal of this track, just sounds like ravie-afx drowned out by a lot of crowd noise to me.

Yo, it's kaen! Don't comment his opinion! :devil:

Yo, it's bob! Don't comment on him commenting on kaen's opinion! :angel:

Btw I forgot to mention that the other "quarters" (on Envane) are the shit, especially Goz Quarter since kool kieth really did drop autechre in his rhyme.

TILAPIA TILAIPA TILAALAPOAPLPOALIAPPAOPIA

or well,, ther'e's sooo many. but i love the earlier stuff-------------------------------------------they are more hit or miss imo when it comes to their newer marterial

btw, i consider chiastic slide and cichlisuite the end of their early era

• 2 weeks later...
Guest November

First post for me since I decided to unlurk and get an account (Hi.). Anyway, can't really pick just one, so why not a giant handful.

Pen Expers, Gantz_graf, VLetrmx21, Cichli, Rae and Sublimit, the latter being the height of their Machinedrum infatuation.

Must also mention Eidetic Casein, which is way underappreciated as a soundtrack-esque piece. Anything that sounds like a hip hop track and a carnival piece being suffocated to death together is totally cool with me. Also seriously -- Kalpol Introl, which was one of the first Autechre tracks I ever heard quite some time ago. The Stereolab remix deserves to be on there if it counts. I totally love the later live Autechre stuff, so MCR Quarter would deserve to be on there for that, though not notable on its own.

Fave album would be a tie between Chiastic Slide and Confield for me, depending on mood.

First post for me since I decided to unlurk and get an account (Hi.). Anyway, can't really pick just one, so why not a giant handful.

Pen Expers, Gantz_graf, VLetrmx21, Cichli, Rae and Sublimit, the latter being the height of their Machinedrum infatuation.

Must also mention Eidetic Casein, which is way underappreciated as a soundtrack-esque piece. Anything that sounds like a hip hop track and a carnival piece being suffocated to death together is totally cool with me. Also seriously -- Kalpol Introl, which was one of the first Autechre tracks I ever heard quite some time ago. The Stereolab remix deserves to be on there if it counts. I totally love the later live Autechre stuff, so MCR Quarter would deserve to be on there for that, though not notable on its own.

Fave album would be a tie between Chiastic Slide and Confield for me, depending on mood.

I respect you

Guest earlgrey

I love confield!

It was my first AE purchase, indeed it was my first "so, what else is there in this genre beyond Aphex Man?" purchase... it's probably still my favourite album from this decade.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived