Autechre's absolute best track ever?

Guest Enter a new display name

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Rook
easy... Eutow.

Yep

I like the 15 minute live version of Eutow in Live at the FLex 1996 like a million times better. I like it so much that I hardly listen to the album version anymore.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest silver4

Latent Quarter..in fact,all Envane ep.It really sounds different from all of their work.It's a shame they did only 4 tracks in that way.In my opinion,the best electronic music ever.The only thing in my phone/mp3 player.No,i don't think it's the same "sound" as chiastic slide.

damn... i guess that depends on the situation... my fav track used to be cipater, then pen expers took over... i don't have a favorite now... but i get pretty excited when augmatic disport comes on and when i'm driving... the last couple minutes of AD is probably my fav AE moment! when that bass kicks in, then the rest of the craziness starts to deminish, then all that's left is the beats and bass! no hip hop (or any producer) can top that ever!

Guest earlgrey

Everything you lot have mentioned is fantastic ... I've been putting off posting in this thread for ages, knowing it would be a huge struggle to come up with a fave track. Fuck it, I'll just point out a great song that hasn't been mentioned yet:

Keynell Remix B.

Had this on my MP3 player, among a ton of other stuff; but for about a week this song was all I wanted to listen to while I was walking/cycling.

Guest earlgrey

(oh, and Stud, and BCDTMX, and Parhelic Triangle, and Netlon Sentinel, and...)

DAMN, I SHOULDN'T HAVE POSTED IN THIS THREAD

well i dont know if it got a mention as i think i dont rmemeber the proper name, but the third track from the second peel session is ace.

along with acroyear2, the 2nd track off of the first peel session (milk dx? fuck if i remember really) arch carrier, their stereolab remix, the psi onyx remix, and arguably most of the cichlisuite EP, tho i defer to the first two tracks usually. you've got me on the names once again.

Guest mushroom
the third track from the second peel session

Gaekwad

2nd track off of the first peel session

Inhake 2

the cichlisuite EP, tho i defer to the first two tracks

Yeesland, Pencha

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Bad Influence

I don't know the name of my favourite Autechre track. I know it as Track 8 from a live set I downloaded a long time ago. Think its from Coachella 2004 or 2005. Starts of with this white noise sample they then process and loop to fuck goes silent for a bit then starts up. Anyone know from that bad description if its been released?

I don't know the name of my favourite Autechre track. I know it as Track 8 from a live set I downloaded a long time ago. Think its from Coachella 2004 or 2005. Starts of with this white noise sample they then process and loop to fuck goes silent for a bit then starts up. Anyone know from that bad description if its been released?

The only coachella live set I have is from 1999. Track 8 is Bike and fits the description. Bike is of course on their first album. I could be thinking of a completely different gig than you are though. If you post the song I could tell you.

I don't know about if it's the best track, but my favorite is Pen Expers.

Good choice br0!

Guest earlgrey

The only coachella live set I have is from 1999. Track 8 is Bike and fits the description. Bike is of course on their first album. I could be thinking of a completely different gig than you are though. If you post the song I could tell you.

I wondered if they meant Anvil Vapre ... yeah, '99 is the only Coachella gig I have as well, but I only got the soundboard sets back in ye olde days of WATMM being a bootleg haven.

but i get pretty excited when augmatic disport comes on and when i'm driving... the last couple minutes of AD is probably my fav AE moment! when that bass kicks in, then the rest of the craziness starts to deminish, then all that's left is the beats and bass! no hip hop (or any producer) can top that ever!

100% agree for a great driving track

outside the car all of tri rep pwns everything for me

Archived