IGNORED

Venetian Snares - Pink & Green EP

six

I like snares as much as most others but this just doesn't do it for me like some of the cavalcade stuff. About on par with hospitality which I though was pretty damn poor as well.

I would be keen for another HCCBU right about now (TEHAW3SOMEZLOLZL33tZSTFU). I would NOT care about retreading. Even another Chocolate Wheelchair with its cheesy sample destroying would be great. Ho-hum.

Whats next anyway. Has there ever been a time when nothing is lined up from vsnares? I guess theres Last Step but I don't dig that style much either.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

snares gets so old so quick, when i first grabbed it i was like 'fuck yeah this is heavy' and now like 6 months later after ive heard about 12 lps by him it just sounds like the most childish one dimensional gacky shite you could want to hear. music for kids in the same way that slipknot are. although slipknot actually have some skills.

Guest nacmat

the truth is I like what snares does every time... maybe I didnt like winnipeg that much, but also loved that one... also I prefer hospitality to cavalcade.... and now pink and green which I love

if you guys dont see that this man is one of the few that offers a product of his own in the last 8 years... then you or me are blind

the truth is I like what snares does every time... maybe I didnt like winnipeg that much, but also loved that one... also I prefer hospitality to cavalcade.... and now pink and green which I love

if you guys dont see that this man is one of the few that offers a product of his own in the last 8 years... then you or me are blind

i may be blind but i'm certainly not deaf. i don't like what i hear

he's marmite

Guest Mutual Lines

i love vsnares amd have alot of his stuff, but how different is one album from another, really? the only exception is rossz csillag for obvious reasons. maybe he should take more time with his albums instead of putting one out every 15 minutes.

:raises shield:

Guest nene multiple assgasms

not his best release or anything, but if you like snares I don't see why you wouldn't like this.

one thing Ive noticed about snare's haters is that the arguments are just really shallow and uninteresting, and don't really prove anything about his music. As a snares lover I just ignore them, except for a couple which are actually intelligent observations.

Guest firefunker4
one thing Ive noticed about snare's haters is that the arguments are just really shallow and uninteresting, and don't really prove anything about his music. As a snares lover I just ignore them, except for a couple which are actually intelligent observations.

sure... i guess that could be said about snares haters, but what about legit snares' critics?

for instance, for many years, i was waving the big ole snares flag... then the rossz album really made me wanna puke. the puff-daddy approach he took to sampling of some of the best music of the past couple hundred years [most notably, the elgar cello concerto...some bartok quartets, and more...] was lazy at best, and nauseating at worst. i can't believe in such an environment of sample-spotting, vst-spotting, waveform-editor-spotting, etc, that this 'album' was considered his masterpiece.

once that level of laziness was revealed, everything else has seemed half-assed since. if he wants to consider himself a real, 'next level' player [as he wanks off to himself, listing himself as a classical musician on his myspace page] then let's see some real 'next level shit.... not just sloppily looping some of the best music ever written.

Guest tht! tne

sure... i guess that could be said about snares haters, but what about legit snares' critics?

for instance, for many years, i was waving the big ole snares flag... then the rossz album really made me wanna puke. the puff-daddy approach he took to sampling of some of the best music of the past couple hundred years [most notably, the elgar cello concerto...some bartok quartets, and more...] was lazy at best, and nauseating at worst. i can't believe in such an environment of sample-spotting, vst-spotting, waveform-editor-spotting, etc, that this 'album' was considered his masterpiece.

once that level of laziness was revealed, everything else has seemed half-assed since. if he wants to consider himself a real, 'next level' player [as he wanks off to himself, listing himself as a classical musician on his myspace page] then let's see some real 'next level shit.... not just sloppily looping some of the best music ever written.

i don't know shit about chamber music but i thought rossz was excellent and a masterpiece

sure senki dala is kind of wack drukqs-ripoffy ass but its nice that he was able to push (stretch, lol) the amen so far

and it's refreshing to hear his programming contrasted harmoniously with classical samples rather than his early work which is too distorted and lo-fi-sounding for my ears

i think he's a great musician and that whether he interpolates or not is so far irrelevant

Aaron needs this big-ass 2CD release showing all kind of crazy stuff, from classical sampling, huge-chrome purely digital, ambient tracks, his post-modern sound of Calvacade, harsh drill of Winnipeg, dark stuff from his child-killer era.

Like one CD with each track a specific type, then the second CD where he mixes those style all together.

Guest Enter a new display name
Aaron needs this big-ass 2CD release showing all kind of crazy stuff, from classical sampling, huge-chrome purely digital, ambient tracks, his post-modern sound of Calvacade, harsh drill of Winnipeg, dark stuff from his child-killer era.

Like one CD with each track a specific type, then the second CD where he mixes those style all together.

That would own!

my biggest complaint about pink and green is a couple of the sounds literally resemble the same midi files hes used on previous songs.

i forgot which one on particular on this ep is like that, its the slower track in the middle.

it sounds identical in so many ways to a previous track ive heard of his, almost like hes just using the same template structure and just slowing down tempo and replacing the samples.

his more straight forward stuff like the acid track he made recently and that classical track on his myspace are fucking excellent, i wish hed do more stuff like that. I usually only like his really hard gabber stuff or his plunderphonic works, im not so much a fan of the in between melodic/gabber stuff.

Rosz would have been more respectable to me had Aaron portrayed the album as a plunderphonic reworking of hungarian folk music. Instead he claimed he played the violins, etc. This album is good for what it is and can be compared to other plunderphonic albums like John Oswald's Plunderphonics and Wobbly's Wild Why. I just dont think i would consider it an album composed by aaron funk, at best its a remix album in the context of normal electronic music.

Archived