IGNORED

First time you heard Ae live

Guest Luke

Anyone remember the first time they heard Autechre live?

I went to see them at Zoo in Manchester in 2005 and bear in mind I hadn't heard Untilted at that point and didn't have a clue what they were like live... I was expecting them to play a variation of tracks from all their albums and for the tempo to be fairly calm... it's safe to say I got the shock of my life. My girlfriend at the time was actually scared.

Guest burnibus

Yeah mine was at the very same gig in Manchester also. The sound system was rocking that night and both Rob Hall and Mark Broom were great as well.

I was completel;y twatted on mushrooms and autechre sent my head west. I too hadnt heard the album and when they did all the Pro Radii bizniss at the end it properly ruined me i loved it.

The Zoo is ace they should do more gigs there

Yeah it was a good venue. Couldn't see a fucking thing throughout most of the night though and the only real light in the place was that little blue one looming over the heads of Autechre... created such a cool atmosphere, I've never seen how powerful music can be in creating a mood as I did that night.

Guest cyphersum

Vancouver 1998 Palladium.

Flew my best friend up for the occasion.

In the dark atmospherics... in a smallish space... quite incredible experience really.

one thing that stands out till this day is Mira Calix spinning Aphex Twin's On at a hip hop speed like 94bpm, sounded so f'in cool.

Guest sub sub

I was at that manchester gig in 05 as well it was awesome. When I saw them later play the warehouse gig in mancs it wasn't as loud and they had a laser show. much better with lights out

it was in Melbourne Australia, only about 60 people there was around the time of Amber not sure what year it was, my friend video taped the show, but unfortunately recorded over it :-(

Guest Dirty Protest

Band on the Wall in Manchester sometime around 1998, in a dark room with the only lights coming from 2 monitors and an exit sign.

Guest Ron Manager

just last year, at the warehouse project in the old brewery. loved it.

autechre played at zoo? ive never been there, whats it like? didnt think it was the kind of place they'd play..

I went to the Warehouse project gig... wasn't that impressed to be honest, the gig at Zoo was miles better. Perfect venue for Ae, believe me. It was almost pitch black and the layout of the place was really good...

Band on the Wall in Manchester sometime around 1998, in a dark room with the only lights coming from 2 monitors and an exit sign.

I remember seeing a poster for that...annoyingly two weeks after :getlost: Can imagine that was wicked, I used to love Band on the Wall

Guest burnibus

Stripey hat are you vicky?

peeps have been sayig the warehouse gig wasnt that good but in all honesty it was. It was ace to dance to autechre in a warehouse and lasers are great they cut through universes.

They are playing Monegros festival. If anyonethought they were hardcore they could go listen to ae in the DESERT. intense

Sometime in 1994, I think it was, at a Megadog thing in Wolverhampton. Then the Zoo show and then the Warehouse.

I have to agree with burnibus the warehouse gig was excellent, the only negative point really was the volume. I prefer it to any of the recent sets that are available to download here, shame there isn't a recording available for it. It was quite the decent into hell that the zoo show was but you can see they've developed the show and got more confident, even going as far as throwing in hints at old tracks. The one that sticks in my mind (mainly because I wrote about it elsewhere) was the Untilted up version of Eutow.

Guest burnibus

ey up vic, it is no trick. It is burn indeed. Wierd sort of figured out it was you a while back.

Have you listened to the hemsby set, its great. Tonight was the first time i have heard it since eing at bloc and it spacked me out when i was there. Its quality. hope you are well.

Nice one, yep all's well with me cheers :)

Downloaded the hemsby set last night but my stupid feckin ipod locked up on me when I tried listening this morning, and me being a dumbass didn't know how to unlock it til I just checked online.... Sounded wicked from the little bits I listened to last night though! Gutted I wasn't there for it

Guest sub sub
Sometime in 1994, I think it was, at a Megadog thing in Wolverhampton. Then the Zoo show and then the Warehouse.

I have to agree with burnibus the warehouse gig was excellent, the only negative point really was the volume. I prefer it to any of the recent sets that are available to download here, shame there isn't a recording available for it. It was quite the decent into hell that the zoo show was but you can see they've developed the show and got more confident, even going as far as throwing in hints at old tracks. The one that sticks in my mind (mainly because I wrote about it elsewhere) was the Untilted up version of Eutow.

agree that the volume wasn't as loud at the warehouse gig. zoo gig was better but can't remember a great deal from that night. I do actually have a recording of the warehouse gig that I made. It is not as good quality as others floating about though.

Archived