a cool concept to maybe collaborate with luke vibert

Guest tht! tne

confederation trough has little flashes of brilliance

the beats toward the end of alspacka are packin' though

Guest tht! tne

interesting as i see analord as a devolution from drukqs

not to say tuss or analord are bad i just have an attention-span thing

squarepusher kind of hypercharged my consciousness such that now i crave drill

It does seem a bit like Analord Series II. I'm not sure though, it's almost like the stuff that didn't fit in with Analord so he didn't put it on there. Completely different gear setup or something.

Hard sayin... Gotta wait for the LP I reckon... I'd say analord 10 for now. I like The Tuss, but analord 10 is a hard 1 to beat... Any other Analord and I'd have to think about it but analord 10? Too hard to beat imo...

Guest Kibreg

for me, analords 1, 7 & 10 would be tough to beat. that said, i'm looking forward to more tuss :)

Guest Kibreg
any word on how much longer we'll have to wait

mammajamma from xlt says 5/5/07

based on the release date listed on a few japanese sites. one of them says 4/17/07, so i'm guessing it's unlikely... besides they need time to let us fanboys stir, put up the preorders at boomkat/warp/etc, and all that jazz.

Christ, if Rich ain't The Tuss then whoever Tuss is he's going to enjoy some sweet album sales.

I think The Tuss merely reflects Richard's current musical focus: He loves synths, has an impressive synth collection (his days as The Rave Colonel on Ebay netted him some pretty hard-to get items), and now he's showing he can do great music without VSTs and strictly computers, which frankly, electronic music was starting to sound all the same because of that, with very little innovation. I think this is Richard's response to all that.

so far what im hearing of the Tuss sounds like a more mature analord. The stuff on analord sounds very improvised and rough to me for the most part. The gx1 solo and 12" only track on Tuss however sound like they could have come from the same sessions due to the improvisational sound to both of them. I think a Tuss LP will be amazing, especially so if it includes those tracks noise cleaned up from the afx live/dj sets.

Guest tht! tne

definitely will trump last step lp/cd

no offence in the comparison just that's the other thing i was looking forward to

I think The Tuss merely reflects Richard's current musical focus: He loves synths, has an impressive synth collection (his days as The Rave Colonel on Ebay netted him some pretty hard-to get items), and now he's showing he can do great music without VSTs and strictly computers, which frankly, electronic music was starting to sound all the same because of that, with very little innovation. I think this is Richard's response to all that.

Amen to that.

(pun intended)

Guest Glass Plate

I dunno I want the LP, I want to make the whole in it big enough for my cock and have sex with it

oh wait what

Guest analogue wings

Cynical version: They can't copy you if you use gear no one else can afford

Archived