IGNORED

analord 10 picture disc

YEK

I'm listening to Fenix Funk now, and it certainly compares favorably to the recording on Chosen Lords. I haven't heard the original record with the label, so I can't say how the two versions compare. In any case, after having listened to MP3s in my car for so long, it's quite refreshing to hear the vinyl again.

P.S. Although I guess it is a shame both that the tracks start so far from the outer edge of the disc and that they aren't cut at 45 RPM. Still, I have no problems with the sound quality.

picture discs are usually a bit crappy in my experience

my analord 10 got warped before i got it home (left it by girlfriends lamp)

if it was 45rpm the needle would definitely leave the record everytime it went over the little hump

The picture disc didn't really sound much worse than my chunky heavyweight version of Analord 10 which probably means that I need a new record player.

i'd say. pic discs are crap as a general rule of thumb.

is it me or does it sounds like total crap? it totally sounds static and fuzzy. like is this what we get for not investing in the super expensive version>?

Yes. I bought two copies and they both sound really, really bad, and pointless to play when the Chosen Lords cut, and even the MP3 files of the original, sound so much better.

So, because other people have said theirs is fine, means one of two things:

They're mistaken, and just have crappy turntables/ears :tongue:

or

Rephlex pressed too many copies from the same stampers, and later copies in the pressing run are degraded.

I've put up a clip of the beginning of fenix here, is this the kind of sound you're getting? This was recorded from a pretty high-quality rig.

you listen to this thing?

i swear it's the closest thing to an official aphex twin poster you'll get (i think warp/sire did all of the promo ones as i'm pretty sure the concept of someone having an aphex twin poster on their wall sickens the guy) is this picture disc. i bought a few of them and give them out to special people.

TARDS FOR TWIN, MANG.

you listen to this thing?

well, I would do if it sounded decent

i swear it's the closest thing to an official aphex twin poster you'll get

Don't forget the Windowlicker calendar! Anyhow, I bought a kit and made a clock out of one of mine. Then it broke, stopped working, so now the time is always 3:03

Guest AOOproductions
LOVVE the look. don't love the sound that much

Alas, I have came across this thread. Mines sounds kinda flat. not too much depth to the sound. Ive compared it to the chosen lords CD which I play on the same system and I think the CD sounds a little crisper. And my system is very good. But boy do I love watching that AFX symbol spin around and around.

Guest Kenneth172

yeah. the coloured (pale blue) version of Apjhex Twin Classics is poor sounding.

Also, the TB303 puicture disc ain't tpoop hot weither.

Perhaps the degraded quality was the intention...kind of a different way to hear the songs.

I would say that the degraded quality is a side effect of the intention, which is having a sweet looking picture disk.

Guest Kenneth172
Perhaps the degraded quality was the intention...kind of a different way to hear the songs.

I would say that the degraded quality is a side effect of the intention, which is having a sweet looking picture disk.

sound first, visuals second I say.

That's why he released the 180g FIRST, silly.

Guest Kenneth172

That's why he released the 180g FIRST, silly.

yeah, but same doesn't go for all picture disc releases does it? schmuch.

Archived