IGNORED

Augmatic Disport

Root5

Augmatic Disport is really a masterpiece, and it is a bit strange how it just goes into this relaxed, sort of simple jazzy part after one of Autechre's most emotionally provocative moments (the disconnected, speedy drums and electronic noises pounding with that synth building up in the background). Then...smooth jazz.

• 4 years later...

The beat doesn't fade in... it just starts abruptly, at about 6:40. I think it's a very seamless transition. But oh well, obviously this argument is a very old one.

As I listened to it to hear the transition I noticed my cat wake up. I grabbed her head, which she turned sideways, like nearly 90 degrees, and then I nodded her head in time to that beat. It looked awesome. I wish you all could have seen it.

As I listened to it to hear the transition I noticed my cat wake up. I grabbed her head, which she turned sideways, like nearly 90 degrees, and then I nodded her head in time to that beat. It looked awesome. I wish you all could have seen it.

lol

reported. to the vet police.

i find this is how all of untilted plays. these bang on chaotic beginnings that are a reverse of lets says lenetic catarchraris. if you notice ipacial section starts off with a load of complete shit and dwindles down to a trickle. LCC also slows down near the end. a good chunk of this album is based on 'slow downs' unlike most commonly anticipated gradual increases of mind kung fuckery its mirrored, which i find quite interesting. ofcourse there are exceptions, not evey track follows this theory, but then it is an AE album we are talking about here, they rewire the whole god damn studio for each fukcing track!@

have you read this??

a lot of our tracks from untilted and before would reach a peak of, say, funk, then fall apart and be in transition until one of us would figure out where it was that it was really happening. the track needed a history, or a language lesson, to explain how it became so weird. now, the openness of what we're doing means we can skip the language lessons. it's like, 'you should know it by now. this is freaky, it's really good - it's a track'.

although that's from 2008 (wire interview) and they were talking about quaristice then, i think it says something very similar to what you have posted. i think it also applies to a lot of ae's work after they've mostly given up the gradual increases of mind kung fuckery, ie linear track structures.

btw i love that track & the ending also builds a perfect quiet to unleash iera into. :spiteful:

Edit: oh shit! i just now realized i was replying to a four year old post. :facepalm:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived