IGNORED

kid acne - gescom remix!

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

Guest awkward

is this news?

Here's one the haters wouldn't have seen coming! Sheffield electronic music pioneers Autechre have made a rare outing to remix Eddy Fresh - the next single from his album Romance Ain't Dead. It's under their Gescom alias and will be available with an instrumental version in the near future. Check the Lex Records website for more info soon!

kid acne is of course the english rapper.

from here : http://www.lexrecords.com/newsletter/011007.html

Guest earlgrey

"instrumental version"!?

i assume that they mean that the autechre remix will accompany an instrumental version of the original track, rather than implying that the ae remix will have vocals!..

(you never know, though ... )

Here I thought they were going to take the piss out of Kid A... maybe with some zit poppin' beats. Also, someone should do a parody of Block Rockin' Beats with the aforementioned phrase.

I lose.

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmm... remember in that bbc interview when untilted came out they were saying how they'd love to do a hip hop track but the rapper would have to be willing to do more than just do a few 16s, so they could do more than just a looped beat thing. Well, I dunno... I'm listening to this autechre remix of a Sensational track, "Sensachre 10 Mix" and it's kind of not that good... the vocals seem extraneous and, they hardly interact with the track at all.. they hardly even made any "beats" really, it's upsetting. I feel they they should use any hip hop opportunity they get to go really bombastic, to take all that mantronix marley marl shit they like and autechreize it. That rakim remix is pretty good. I'm not sure this will be anything worthwhile cuz the rapper sounds pretty bad to me, but maybe the instrumental will be okay.

• 1 month later...
Guest sqruwezey

So anyone heard this yet

i did and it is pretty bad

really the worst remix i ever heard from them

anyone agree?

it is on bleep.com

So anyone heard this yet

anyone agree?

it is on bleep.com

yeah it's barely worth the time it takes to preview it on bleep. I'm inclined to think that autechre are less involved with gescom these days...

Guest sqruwezey
So anyone heard this yet

anyone agree?

it is on bleep.com

yeah it's barely worth the time it takes to preview it on bleep. I'm inclined to think that autechre are less involved with gescom these days...

But its credited as a real autechre remix

Archived