Sign in to follow this  
brian trageskin

Cylob - Late In The Day EP

More free Cylob? Fucking awesome.

you down, baby?

Guest Glass Plate

this man is too insane

this is REALLY good. he's doing some of that pitch shifting that he does on spider report and trogan except to a lesser degree, more user friendly.\

cylob in great form! good one man.

maybe he should go back to just bitching about how much trance sucks than make shit thats worse than trance.

did you listen?

yes. listened. horrible. next.

can we merge the cylob and ullillia threads? They clearly belong together.

can we merge the cylob and ullillia threads? They clearly belong together.

i like the cut of this babys jib. and his small, small pure penis.

The first track sounded horribly mixed.

Everything else sound really awesome, and whatever synth he's using has some really fat square wave oscillators.

YEESS downloading now. thanks treggers!

and whatever synth he's using has some really fat square wave oscillators.

supercollider?

woo-hoo!!

the blog is pretty good

http://cylob.blogspot.com/

The Cambridge Companion to Electronic Music contains a collection of essays covering the history and methods of electronic music making (funnily enough), along with some artist statements from luminaries such as Stockhausen, Max Mathews, Kevin Saunderson and (ahem) myself... That's right, I'm now a published authority on the subject, and contributer to an official Cambridge University tome, which makes me better than you, obviously. The most important three paragraphs in this publication can be found on page 77 - these alone are worth seventeen pounds of anyone's money.

cylob_flyer96.jpg

I'm having a new year clutter clearout, having got myself a scanner recently, so combine the two and here is a mementoid from the past: A flyer for a gig featuring Autechre, Boards Of Canada, Pan (a) Sonic, Mira Calix (before that name existed) and Mark Broom, "headlined" by myself. The inverted commas are appropriate, as the only reason I played last was because Autechre were about to go on tour and needed to rev up the tour bus early, although the promoter rather patronisingly suggested otherwise. Of course half the audience cleared off when I came on stage (not for the last time!) And right down on the bottom of the bill was BOC before their mega-success. I often wonder what might have been, if it had been my brand of crunchy beats and floaty melodies that had caught on instead of theirs, as I bang my head against the wall and sob endlessly! Ha not really, led us a fiver will you guys! Watch out behind you next time you cross the road, alright? Only joking!

Guest six hundred n

the last 5 tracks are wicked!

well done chris

Guest Kenneth172

Nice of Chris to make this available to everyone for free. That said I don't think it's his best work, it's more of the same style he's been doing circa Formant Potaton et al. I still think the best thing he's done in ages is the Synclair remix.

Cylob sounds like one of them frustated artists, his problem is that he knows the answer but doesn't want to accept it, after he got the hit with Rewind he thinks people want to hear that style all the time, he hasn't moved on, still doing the exact same thing he did in 97 which wasn't too spectacular to begin with.

Yeah the Synclair remix is tops.

Edited by vasio

Cheers for the heads-up Brian.

Guest vodor

I really dug the first 2 tracks and the last track. Not so much the rest. His blog is pretty depressing. "No one likes me anymore :("

I still like you, man! Industrial Folk Songs and Empathy Box are as awesome as anything. Keep your head up!

Guest six hundred n

I prefer his recent non rephlex releases to his rephlex ones. It's all so ultra-futuristic.

The first track on this release is a bit weird though, include something else in the full release Chris (IMHO)

Computer speech was futuristic in the 80's man, that shit ain't ballin no more.

Guest six hundred n
Computer speech was futuristic in the 80's man, that shit ain't ballin no more.

his music is so much more than "computer" speech though.

Cylob sounds like one of them frustated artists, his problem is that he knows the answer but doesn't want to accept it, after he got the hit with Rewind he thinks people want to hear that style all the time, he hasn't moved on, still doing the exact same thing he did in 97 which wasn't too spectacular to begin with.

Yeah the Synclair remix is tops.

yes, clearly his Cylob Music System EPs and Trojan Fader stuff sound exactly like Rewind.