IGNORED

GTA IV

Rubin Farr

Guest dildo
i still hope the rumours about IV on PC will be confirmed...

it should come out in october...if not,it's the time to get an xbox360

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the new site is up http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/ and multiple rumors of multiplayer are beginning to hold water: i.e. deathmatches, racing. there's a beergarden where you can fight, play darts, drink, and actually DRIVE drunk. plus an online dating service, using cars as cover, etc. it's gonna be a whole new degenerate world April 29.

i hope it doesnt focus too much on the mini/side games and expands the immersion of the universe a lot more than it was in San Andreas.

but yeah im definitly looking forward to it, i sold my Wii and Ps3 a couple months ago and was only keeping my Xbox360around for a couple months worth of playing out GTA IV

To be honest Im far more excited about Gran Turismo 5 Prologue coming out in 3 days!

I like the sidequests more than the game in GTA, vigilante missions are like that Tokyo Cop arcade game. Too much fun.

ive never even played any of the side quests or even gotten remotely close to finishing any of the actual GTA main game plots, like maximum 12% finished. I mostly just have fun playing these games freeform/arcade style and just killing people randomly and running away from the cops, is there anyone else who plays it like that? I hope GTAIV has even more potential for that type of aimless gameplay.

Guest olson
To be honest Im far more excited about Gran Turismo 5 Prologue coming out in 3 days!

I like the sidequests more than the game in GTA, vigilante missions are like that Tokyo Cop arcade game. Too much fun.

ive never even played any of the side quests or even gotten remotely close to finishing any of the actual GTA main game plots, like maximum 12% finished. I mostly just have fun playing these games freeform/arcade style and just killing people randomly and running away from the cops, is there anyone else who plays it like that? I hope GTAIV has even more potential for that type of aimless gameplay.

it will.

it will.

i heard that cops dont come after you in this one, is there any validity to that?

Oh yah I do lots of that. I keep my PSP over at my wife's University since I tend to hang out there a lot to play with projects and stuff but I also like to fill up downtime just wandering around in the PSP GTA. The vigillante/taxi/ambulance missions are fun because they're not long drawn out things, just like "go here and ram this car until it can't drive then kill the driver" etc.

it will.

i heard that cops dont come after you in this one, is there any validity to that?

No, I read an in depth gameplay review for it the other day. Their follow criteria is different. Rather than all units just "knowing" where you are and getting X units based on star level, units will need line of sight on you to follow. They will tell other units where you are while they have line of sight, however. Also once the chopper is in that's pretty much default line of sight. It supposedly makes for a more realistic feel to police chases.

Guest olson

it will.

nah. from what i've read they'll come after you for more minor offenses now (you could get away with a lot in the old games before they'd come after you, short of killing someone in front of them) but the way you get away is no longer just running for a while, but running out of a certain radius. they'll basically search around your last known location so if you can get out of there without being seen, or in a different car, etc. they'll eventually give up.

LCPD Police Blotter - The Police Blotter will collect data from all online users of GTA IV, and show how much crime is committed in each area of the city. It will also show the most dangerous areas of Liberty City, what the most popular weapons are and much more

The WATMM Gang are gonna commit crimes in the most remote areas of the game. We'll be famous.

With really stupid weapons

Here's an idea.

We convince other online players to join us on our "WATMM Party Boat", take them out into the sea...and wail on them with bats.

Oh fuck. ~I love this idea.

I've heard rumours - and seen screenshots of it - that the graphics in the multiplayer is extremely blurry, obviously because they had to cut down in the graphics in multiplayer mode

4327-gta-iv-screenshot.jpg

Guest margaret thatcher

there's some dj in this called francois k.....is it francois kevorkian? cos he's proper old skool electro awesome.

Guest blicero

i'm sure it will be amazingly fun, they always are. BUT why does every GTA game come out looking like last gen?

why are the graphics so crappy?

Guest serpico009

me and my roomie have been playing San Andreas on the 360 and I'm really looking forward to the detailed buildings and interiors, the textures in the older games leave alot ot be desired up close.. I'm concerned at how the more fine-tuned motor movements like smashing car windows and such is going ot work in terms of being intuitive. Maybe you just have ot alternate A and B really fast or something mundane like that...I am so ready to play drunken darts with someone over the internet, tho. We need a WATMM clan to do some turf wars.

EDIT: they didn't use Renderware for this one, did they?

EDIT: they didn't use Renderware for this one, did they?

Dunno, but I'm guessing they did...it's pretty easy to dress an old engine up with new eye candy. Could be wrong. At this point it's probably a lot like calling the Source engine a modified Quake 2 engine, though.

Archived