IGNORED

WIRE current issue AUtechre interview

amnesia

Guest goodwillsidis
the unedited transcript will probably be up on the site in a month a la burial

so what do you guys feel like doing here til then?

I have but its massive and i dont have time to type out another article... i'll see if i can nick a scanner over the weekend, but no promises!

you don't have to type it or even scan it if you don't have a scanner. just use a digicam and take a good quality pic of the pages. it will still be readable if you focus properly and take the pic at a good angle.

there's one quote from it i really like. it's with rob, not sean like most seem to be

a lot of our tracks from untilted and before would reach a peak of, say, funk, then fall apart and be in transition until one of us would figure out where it was that it was really happening. the track needed a history, or a language lesson, to explain how it became so weird. now, the openness of what we're doing means we can skip the language lessons. it's like, 'you should know it by now. this is freaky, it's really good - it's a track'.

there's one quote from it i really like. it's with rob, not sean like most seem to be

a lot of our tracks from untilted and before would reach a peak of, say, funk, then fall apart and be in transition until one of us would figure out where it was that it was really happening. the track needed a history, or a language lesson, to explain how it became so weird. now, the openness of what we're doing means we can skip the language lessons. it's like, 'you should know it by now. this is freaky, it's really good - it's a track'.

that kind of makes sense, but it would be nice to hear the 'language lessons' that were probably cut from a lot of the quarisitce tracks. because fuck me if ill ever understand perlence

Guest burnibus

that kind of makes sense, but it would be nice to hear the 'language lessons' that were probably cut from a lot of the quarisitce tracks. because fuck me if ill ever understand perlence

see im struggling to understand AE fans that have trouble with any of the tracks on Quaristice. Perlence is absolutely amazing and properly makes me wanna move its a superb track, as is plyphon and Fol3 which seem to be the ones people are struggling with. I mean what is there to struggle with, close your eyes listen and see what happens. makes me smile this album.

a lot of our tracks from untilted and before would reach a peak of, say, funk, then fall apart and be in transition until one of us would figure out where it was that it was really happening. the track needed a history, or a language lesson, to explain how it became so weird. now, the openness of what we're doing means we can skip the language lessons. it's like, 'you should know it by now. this is freaky, it's really good - it's a track'

Don't understand that atall. Not got a clue what the fuck he's talking about if I'm honest.

And i undestand Fol3 or Steels either.

Guest burnibus

Fol3 is amazing music, i know some will see it just as sound design but to me its really musical, there is a definite groove in that tune. Really puts me in a wicked place.

I don't fully understand RB's quote either.

I love the snare sound in 'Perlence,' it really cuts through all the rest of the sounds. I really like the kind of, fuck, I don't even know how to describe it, the percolating triplet vibrato effect thing? I also like the higher-pitched glassy sounds toward the end.

Fol3 ... :undecided:

Perlence is absolutely amazing and properly makes me wanna move its a superb track, as is plyphon and Fol3 which seem to be the ones people are struggling with. I mean what is there to struggle with, close your eyes listen and see what happens. makes me smile this album.

they just dont sound quality to me and very wanky. its like the electronic music equivalent of someone doing a 4-bar blues guitar solo as the only content of a song. it sounds more like a farmers manual track than an autechre song which isnt a bad thing. Its just not surgically awesome and detailed like any of the tracks on untilted, but hey maybe thats what they were going for? it seems quite a lot of this album is tongue in cheek purporsefully, and i think this song is one of the most silly autechre songs ive ever heard.

Fol3 is amazing music, i know some will see it just as sound design but to me its really musical, there is a definite groove in that tune. Really puts me in a wicked place.

Yep, it's a real experience. I usually have low tolerance for noise music but that's something else.

BUT - it only works when I play the CD on my "proper" rig at home. In the car, on the iPod, it's just a bunch of noise. It's a track which needs every little nuance reproduced clearly, to work at all.

Archived