IGNORED

Drukqs MP

avinit

agardenchair would also like to inform joyrex that no one can top drukqs and that the aphex forum should be deleted as there will be no more aphex albums until someone can top drukqs.

agardenchair would also like to inform joyrex that no one can top drukqs and that the aphex forum should be deleted as there will be no more aphex albums until someone can top drukqs.

well, nobody can top Drukqs because no one else is Richard D James, so the above statement is WELL under the category:

"FANBOISM"

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...

I've never used discogs, but many times considered buying the Analord Collections on there. Is it safe to use? It always seems a little sketchy to me.

I've never used discogs, but many times considered buying the Analord Collections on there. Is it safe to use? It always seems a little sketchy to me.

Personally sold my own Analord set on Discogs and it went swimmingly. Sold about 2K worth of stuff on there--the only "bad" experience I had was a guy who bought a record and never paid me but that was no harm, no foul since you don't ship until you're paid; just cancelled him and left him bad feedback. Take the time to read the feedback and go with the high percentages. Those people are like me: take online sales seriously and care about customer service. There is no such thing as a surefire online purchase though.

Why Why Why would you ever sell your Analord set?

discogs is pretty legit. i did buy a moderately rare afx record once that was supposedly in "very good" condition but turned out to have a bunch of surface scratches. plays fine tho. just was pissed since it is a gem that wasnt taken very good care of. but yehh if you stick with good sellers and mint condition records your in the clear.

lets get back to the topic. did anyone on this forum hear the mispress tracks? is this confirmed to be a warp mispress with tracks of other warp artists?

Drukqs - "Pre-Release Version"

Disc 1:

Track 14 - hy a scullyas lyf adhagrow - is different

Track 15 - kesson dalef - is different

Disc 2:

Track 18 - lornaderek - is different

Track 19 is listed as "finnelbuk" and is different than 2KThr

Track 24 - taking control - is different

My impression was that since these were on the sharing sites well before Drukqs came out, and around the same time that RDJ was talking about how he was releasing the album because he had lost an mp3 player on a plane or in a taxi or something, that these were either leaked from the mp3 player or something to that effect, or was possibly just an earlier mix he was playing around with (since Joyrex mentions having a similar recording I'm thinking the latter). BTW hello WATMM! I've been watching this forum for years, since the Joyrex.com days, this thread just seemed too tempting to stay out of... Also I should mention that the tracks that aren't on the album sound way too "Drukqsy" to be fake, and if they are then well done to that chap!

where did you get a hold of the tracks? I'd like to hear them.

same here. i'm always itching for some rdj i haven't heard b4.

welcome home claudius. it's very nice to meet you.

Guest hahathhat

i think i'll need an identify verification on this joker !

in any case, define "top." are we simply looking for a higher rate of events per second or wat? it's a revered album that was written and released ten years ago. other musicians have written more complex music before and since, but i guess none of it is "drukqsy" enough for whoever the fuck judges this shit. what is "drukqsy" anyways? might this category be so vague and nebulous that it'll allow a certain weasel to forever claim that Drukqs hasn't been/won't be "topped?"

the album was never 100% anyways. i love the drill tracks, but there's oodles of tiresome piano noodling no one would give two fucks about if RDJ weren't behind the piano roll. then also half-finished filler bits like orban eq trx + mummy singing happy birthday. are these "drukqsy" too? i'm sure i could put together a much, much better happy-birthday voicemail within a few hours. does this count as topping drukqs?

I thought the Collapse of the Wave Function was a very nice series actually, and kinda touches on the fact that the mere act of observation is fraught with subjectivity. It's even funnier that the schtick since the getgo has been "Is this APHeX!!???" over and over. It's not like these guys are rockstars waving their locks around for paparazzi Rolling Stone consumer jackoff festivals, they write music. Remember Astobotnia? OMG is it da aphexez? Tuss? Wisp? Buckethead? We are all sound. We are all Aphex! (Including Madonna apparently..)

Drukqs - "Pre-Release Version" Disc 1: Track 14 - hy a scullyas lyf adhagrow - is different Track 15 - kesson dalef - is different Disc 2: Track 18 - lornaderek - is different Track 19 is listed as "finnelbuk" and is different than 2KThr Track 24 - taking control - is different My impression was that since these were on the sharing sites well before Drukqs came out, and around the same time that RDJ was talking about how he was releasing the album because he had lost an mp3 player on a plane or in a taxi or something, that these were either leaked from the mp3 player or something to that effect, or was possibly just an earlier mix he was playing around with (since Joyrex mentions having a similar recording I'm thinking the latter). BTW hello WATMM! I've been watching this forum for years, since the Joyrex.com days, this thread just seemed too tempting to stay out of... Also I should mention that the tracks that aren't on the album sound way too "Drukqsy" to be fake, and if they are then well done to that chap!

It's been ages, but I do recall my CD-R copies I had months before DrukQs came out (and was the catalyst for the "Quite Good" incident) had slightly different tracknames, and did sound different than the final pressing.

Drukqs - "Pre-Release Version"

Disc 1:

Track 14 - hy a scullyas lyf adhagrow - is different

Track 15 - kesson dalef - is different

Disc 2:

Track 18 - lornaderek - is different

Track 19 is listed as "finnelbuk" and is different than 2KThr

Track 24 - taking control - is different

My impression was that since these were on the sharing sites well before Drukqs came out, and around the same time that RDJ was talking about how he was releasing the album because he had lost an mp3 player on a plane or in a taxi or something, that these were either leaked from the mp3 player or something to that effect, or was possibly just an earlier mix he was playing around with (since Joyrex mentions having a similar recording I'm thinking the latter). BTW hello WATMM! I've been watching this forum for years, since the Joyrex.com days, this thread just seemed too tempting to stay out of... Also I should mention that the tracks that aren't on the album sound way too "Drukqsy" to be fake, and if they are then well done to that chap!

care to Push Me towards these "different" tracks?

I'm interested in hearing these muchly :spiteful:

kinda touches on the fact that the mere act of observation is fraught with subjectivity

that definitely hit a note for me since that notion is what made me lose faith in many scientific endeavors. thanks a lot John Locke! i'll tell you what's pretty objective tho: there's drukQs traxx i haven't heard :wtf:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived