IGNORED

AE/Cambridge MASS

Guest AOOproductions

yeah definitely lol... was gonna go to Brooklyn show, but it's more convenient to hit Cambridge, next NY electronic music show we should meet up yo!

also w/ Boston accent - Squearpusha - Hahd Nahmal Daddy

For real, I think I'm meeting up with Soapscum and Petr tomorrow, not sure who else will be representin' from WATMM.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest hahathhat

i just called

1) they are not sold out YET, but the guy said they likely will by 1:30 or 2 this afternoon (20 minutes to 1:20 from now)

2) parking generally does not fill up in the garage

Guest hahathhat

so, um, if they're not sold out and someone's going to buy one in person before they do, could they perhaps pick one up for a friend of mine?

Guest Wall Bird

No. All they do is check your I.D. for booze-related reasons. Under 21? Say hello to a pair of gigantic x's on your hands.

Guest AOOproductions

Wow, I just saw them and I have to saw it was amazing. The atomosphere was so cool, and they had a really amazing system, especially since the place was so small. They only played for an hour though... :unhappy: . And by the way, Rob Hall dropped Alspaka!!!! wooo.

Nice set, I had the pleasure of watching on the side of th stage 10 or so feet away. Met Rob Brown, he's a nice dude. The last song was great - definitely the highlight, but some parts of the show dragged a bit.

Guest DavBrav

Hello, I'm new to this board. I was at the Cambridge show (and quite loved it). I wrote a review of it for The Milk Factory, which you can find here if you're interested.

I had a minidisc player with me, and I was toward the top - everything was all set to go, except that I forgot to toggle off the "hold" switch! So, I got nothing, sadly. Did anyone bootleg this show? I'm really interested to hear it.

Oh, and lastly, here are my photos from the night (ignore the first two, uploaded scans for other reasons).

Hello, I'm new to this board. I was at the Cambridge show (and quite loved it). I wrote a review of it for The Milk Factory, which you can find here if you're interested.

I had a minidisc player with me, and I was toward the top - everything was all set to go, except that I forgot to toggle off the "hold" switch! So, I got nothing, sadly. Did anyone bootleg this show? I'm really interested to hear it.

Oh, and lastly, here are my photos from the night (ignore the first two, uploaded scans for other reasons).

can't see the photos... is the link right /

Guest DavBrav
it's a private album you twat...what's the password?

Mmm, a bit bitter are we? Anyway, the password should be "visitor". I'll warn you, I only got one decent photo of both the Ae guys, as I was standing on the left side of the stage for most of it. Some pretty neat shots of Massonix, though.

Guest Fang808

Mmm, a bit bitter are we? Anyway, the password should be "visitor". I'll warn you, I only got one decent photo of both the Ae guys, as I was standing on the left side of the stage for most of it. Some pretty neat shots of Massonix, though.

I believe you got the back of my head in one of those shots. I was the one in the blue hockey jersey.

Guest DavBrav

I believe you got the back of my head in one of those shots. I was the one in the blue hockey jersey.

Oh yeah, I remember. I saw the "808" on your jersey and whispered to a friend "look - there's another 808 State fan!" You were the one who held up a copy of Quaristice when Ae took the stage, yeah? I was wearing a track jacket over a bw striped shirt.

Guest Fang808

Oh yeah, I remember. I saw the "808" on your jersey and whispered to a friend "look - there's another 808 State fan!" You were the one who held up a copy of Quaristice when Ae took the stage, yeah? I was wearing a track jacket over a bw striped shirt.

Yep. That was a Quaristice copy I had there. I also had a Draft 7.30 CD with me that night.

Guest hahathhat

when the digital clock on the wall read 8:08, i noticed you standing under it. i tried to get your attention from where is was to let you about it know but i wound up just kind of pointing it out to anyone who was paying attention instead

Guest DavBrav

So, I suppose I'll try asking again: did anyone get a recording? I can't have been the ONLY person trying to bootleg the show; they didn't even pat people down.

Guest hahathhat

i saw some guy in a distinctive hat record stuff on his cell phone behind someone's back

it was only for a little while, i doubt the quality was that good, and i have no idea who the guy was anyways

Guest DavBrav
i saw some guy in a distinctive hat record stuff on his cell phone behind someone's back

it was only for a little while, i doubt the quality was that good, and i have no idea who the guy was anyways

Yeah, I saw a number of folks taking photos and short videos on cameras. I took a couple (very) short vids myself, but nothing good enough to post. I know it's a smaller venue, but I was hoping at least one other person would have taken a recording. I suppose I'll check out their LA set, and see if it was any similar. I particularly loved that descending bass riff on the last track they did. If anyone does find a bootleg, please post!

Guest hahathhat

!

so what's your icon? looks like codez.

Guest DavBrav
so what's your icon? looks like codez.

Indeed it is! Here's the image, enlarged to show detail. It's from a screenshot I took during one of my first livecoding performances. The code is in SuperCollider. What you're seeing is me running an FM synth patch through a reverb (admittedly based on a patch in the JIT tutorial in SC3; as I said, first livecoding performance...), and then finally a compressor (that's the SynthDef on top).

I've been in love with SuperCollider for a couple years now; I've designed a live interface with it that basically solves the issues I was having with Ableton. I love that it's a virtually limitless environment, and that is (usually) takes up so much less CPU than a DAW. For recorded pieces, I still work with Ableton & DP, and I do live DJ sets in Ableton, but for original live performance, it's usually all in SC3. I usually don't perform JIT though; I prefer using an X-Session with my own custom guis: generally looks like this.

Probably a bit more of a response than you were looking for, but it's late and I was feeling type-y.

Guest hahathhat

...livecoding performances? like, writing code as a performance?

only time i've seen that before is when a guy bet a crowd of people he could write a java drawing app in under a minute (he succeeded).

but perhaps you meant something else. i've never used supercollider.

does that run on pc, or is it just mac?

Archived