IGNORED

That track at 39'30 in the LA set

beNito

Really sorry to bring back this stupid subject, and I'm not upset or anything, but I was secretly hoping that this amazing track would appear somewhere in quadrange... just like all these other fantastic parts of the LA set and recent live tour...

But anyways, this La set is really in rather good quality in fact, especially after the craft of our good old GBIII and Fred EE...

oops, wrong forum, could you please move it to the autechre cave please ? Thanks Alfred, love your moustache, you're potent man...

21 minutes exactly is the tune I want properly released if I had to choose any from the LA set. It's brilliant.

I was gonna mention the tune between 39 and 41 minutes yesterday, i've been rewinding it a lot. Its the sound of the carribean, closest I've ever heard Ae going raggamuffin. Its Jamaca, HERE ME NOW!

Guest QkThr
21 minutes exactly is the tune I want properly released if I had to choose any from the LA set. It's brilliant.

yeah, this one is GREAT.. and another from minute 32! subrange is useless without these :sad:

Guest Quoth

the melody starting at 26:20 in combination with the percussion. Must be one of Autechre's finest moments ever.

the melody starting at 26:20 in combination with the percussion. Must be one of Autechre's finest moments ever.

Yes! It's brilliant! :yeah:

Guest Tankakern

hmmm. i think i know what you mean. however, it doesn't come so clean on the la set i have -- do you mean the melody starting at around 27.50 on the ontario re-mastered set ?

Ae: release this live live set now! i no longer want to hear people declaring "its vibrating"

anyone notice the subtlety at 28.40 (ontario set) -- they way they've treated the beat so it becomes the melody -- you can hear the sequence

more clearly at 29.10 onwards, albeit slightly more evolved. The other more sweeping melody is just god like -- from 27. 50 to 34 mins with the latter part having the reverb taken out.

Guest Tankakern

Also, Raekwon has been complaining that Wu's current style is not "punch people in the face" enough. 54.03mins (ontario) completely typifies - and is the musical equivalent of - "punch people in the face"

Guest Tankakern
As a matter of interest which Quaristice live show did you go to?

None. I was in Hong Kong when they did the rounds in the UK.

LOL, on the defensive again.

For a guy who won't stop going on about the live show i find it humourous you didn't even show up for it.

Will be looking at your forthcoming obsessive posts in a whole new light from now on.

Guest Quoth

hmmm. i think i know what you mean. however, it doesn't come so clean on the la set i have -- do you mean the melody starting at around 27.50 on the ontario re-mastered set ?

Exactly, but it already starts around the 27:20 mark. Works quite nice those chopped up drum 'n bass beats against such a haunting melody.

Guest Tankakern
LOL, on the defensive again.

For a guy who won't stop going on about the live show i find it humourous you didn't even show up for it.

Will be looking at your forthcoming obsessive posts in a whole new light from now on.

Because i was away in other country and Ae didnt play Hong Kong unfortunately. I've seen them numerous times before though -- once in a secret unannounced gig at the Zumbar bar (now called something else) in Manchester. I don't care if you'll be looking at my posts in a new light or in the dark -- nobody loves you or even cares what you say or think. Smarmy fucker.

• 1 month later...
Guest Randolph Carter

MUST......HEAR.......SET. Can someone please link it? Thanks. Speaking of sets, if you haven't yet, do yourself a HUGE favor and download the Seattle set.

Guest Rutger
The tune from 10 -15 mins.....so good

yes, i agree. They played that track at Manc08 gig. Sliding bass note. Did you go to a Quaristice tour gig and hear that one in the flesh too?

Archived