IGNORED

Richard & Drugs

Guest Kicks

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest hahathhat
(disclaimer: i'm an idiot on the internet, if you take what i say as fact, well, get off the fucking internet)

that should be, "i'm an idiot on the internet. if you take what i say as gospel, then i say you should get off the internet"

ah now I know why it sucks.

You suck. :getlost:

you all look the same to me

Guest Super lurker ultra V12
oh god..

Is it about time to crank out your gay men hugging each other album?

:laughing:

I'm just surprised because I don't care whether he does drugs or not, I read the guardian interview about two years ago and that was enough for me.

Guest griever
So I have a question for all of you. I love Aphex Twin sober, drunk or high. His music is always appealing to me. One question that seems to avoid me is Richard's experience with drugs. I've seen pictures of him smoking weed, but what about the psychedelic end of the spectrum - has he cited any drug influence for any of his songs?

who cares?

Guest hahathhat
So I have a question for all of you. I love Aphex Twin sober, drunk or high. His music is always appealing to me. One question that seems to avoid me is Richard's experience with drugs. I've seen pictures of him smoking weed, but what about the psychedelic end of the spectrum - has he cited any drug influence for any of his songs?

who cares?

a lot of people!! just not on the level of "i would take it in the ass to learn the truth" or anything like that. it's just casual curiosity... which, if anything, mr. afx encourages. i wonder about it, but i probably spend more time wondering how he made this noise or that drum sequence...

also, probably been mentioned, but:

GAK

YEAH BUT RDJ SAID THAT IS A REFERENCE TO A SHOP NEAR CORNWALL CALLED "GUITAR AND KEYBOARD" SO ITS OK.

i've smoked dmt with some of his music and made mental connections with the sound he makes in a spiritual way. my conclusion.... yes he uses drugs to make music to a certain extent

there should be a type of LSD called aphex acid

I would be so stoked if I got acid and the Aphex logo was printed on it...

Guest Calx Sherbet

Dropping aphex acid. then put on either Mike and Rich, SAW II or any mental acid song from drukqs. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Just get any two LSD tabs, take one, and the AFX logo will materialize onto the other one.

Guest hahathhat

i licked the back of the rdj album and i got mad high

I would say for the most part yes. He says that he doesn't prefer to make music when he's fucked up, but he's definitely gotten fucked up from time to time! I'm sure he's done tracks under the influence, and I'm sure most of those will never be heard. I just read the interview from 94 or so in the seconds magazine where the reporter asks him about 5 questions directly related to drugs and music. I'll try and post part of that article later possibly.

Please do share that article, I would greatly appreciate it! :laughing:

here is only the last quarter or so of the interview photographed- me lazy :sleeping:

975.jpg

976.jpg

977.jpg

978.jpg

979.jpg

Archived