IGNORED

Tim Exile - Listening Tree

Guest Idrn

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bitroast

still not sure what t o make of this album. family galaxy is actually goodgood, the other tracks are like this hilarious half serious lolsesh over sick idm backing music. thats not to say i dont like it, its just a little weird.

was speaking to a friend about it and he thought he was hilarious and all, but unintentionally :F

there's no way pay tomorrow is 100% serious.

• 3 weeks later...

i think this is really good.

but then, i always love it when people try new directions - the vocals add a level of legitimacy in my opinion... takes it from being typical 1DM bedroom wankery to being almost a pop record... but the structure and melodic work is really cool.

i think 'fortress' is the standout for me so far. really great stuff.

c

cool video, but i think the premise and execution of the video was formulated on the first minute of the song and extended throughout (the first minute perhaps being the best part of the song). the initial idea i found really tantalising (ie. the under-surface galaxy). then all this flying through london bizniz was weak (if not somewhat lazy - but these things have budgets/time constraints). at the very least they could've had better environmental lighting on the models, otherwise you get this 90s electronic music video vibe. i would've like to see some extra after-effects spazzery syncopated to the song, which would be the easiest way to just make it more relevant to the audio track and add interest. as it stands the overall impression is just nice visual concept that isn't too cohesive with the music.

Guest Jimbob
he really deserves massive mainstream success with this clip ... it fits right in ... imagine what that would do to mu .. lol ..

Definitely, this will be all over MTV2

Guest Grizz

Videos alright, I really like the way he builds the song up and the production but his voice just shits on it all

I really enjoyed the video that were posted on Gen Ban so I listened to the samples on mu, and holy crap does his voice ruin almost every track. It's so horrible, and reminds me of the equally atonal John Callaghan guy that quickly came and went a while back on Warp.

Guest Jimbob

I like it, it sounds honest.

I think it does its job but not much more. Perhaps these tracks wouldn't carry themselves without a voice, but of course i can see how this would grate on some people.

Maybe Tim should deploy some Auto-Tune? :embrassed:

• 4 weeks later...

Bloody hell, how wrong could I be by just listening to the samples. I've now listened to the album properly about 3 times now and its absolutely incredible, his vocals work soooo much better than I first thought. Family Galaxy is still by far my favourite track on the album

Guest nene multiple assgasms
Bloody hell, how wrong could I be by just listening to the samples. I've now listened to the album properly about 3 times now and its absolutely incredible, his vocals work soooo much better than I first thought. Family Galaxy is still by far my favourite track on the album

I've only listened to it once, but I agree the vocals work a lot better than I thought when I first heard tracks on myspace.

I've only listened to it once, but I agree the vocals work a lot better than I thought when I first heard tracks on myspace.

I left my house last night to get drunk and all night all I wnated to do was come home and listen to this on reference monitors.

So I did, three times. It really is fantastic.

Guest rex sole
This is not bad...

I can't get enough of this track but it makes me feel all dirty because it reminds me of Pendulum. If Pendulum were really, really fucking good, that is.

I loved the last Exile studio full length, especially the dirty d 'n b style tracks. This album really is completely different and that is great. I like it when artists try something different. He is obviously a very talented dude with music in general.

Vocals remind me of new order for some reason (I haven't listened to much of them tho) that sort of style. I find them very listenable and match the music imo. some of the lyrics are a bit silly but no big deal, that is standard. Really a top job for a first release w/ lyrics.

Great album, I hope every album he does for warp is in a new style or maybe also has some of his old style too on one or two tracks. good warp sign.

just got a copy, pissed out my face and rinsing the speakers... can't make any judgement yet but i think it's very safe to say one of my favourite albums of this year so far...

need to stop typing and just listen. fuck.

Guest tidbit

ed is better at sounding gay.. this is just like looking gay but not actually be gay kinda thing

*deletes*

Guest Jimbob

So it's out then?

Im on holiday at the minute so i'll get it ordered when i get back.

Considered buying the single on wax until I learnt it's only got the one track on it.

Fuck that

Archived