IGNORED

the NEW post your desktop thread

Guest thanksomuch

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lucypinder.jpg

do you prefer itunes or winamp? or do you need specific things from each one?

usually use winamp to play files, as it has a smaller footprint. pretty much itunes just to manage my phone & ipod, plus app store.

• 1 month later...

Ok, so here's my desktop. Not been into modding and skinning things in a long time, but after taking a look through this thread I might just take it up again.

Any tips, links, and so on to what's good right now? What are you using?

733414.jpeg

desktop.png

top is 1920x1080 TV, bottom 1280x1024 monitor

What do you use the full HD monitor for?

it's a TV, not a monitor. but imma slowly working my way through the all of the sopranos whilst lying in bed (onto the last season, boardwalk empire better be fuckin good), playing first person shooters (playing team fortress 2 on it makes me want to have sex with it), and i can render pretty hi-res fractals on it fullscreen whilst posting on watmm on my primary monitor.

and also i watch tv on it derp derp. oh and an xbox 360 is hooked up to it as well. one of my primary motivations when shopping for a nice tv (i bought 2, one for my son for his birthday) was 'lots and lots of ports plz'.

desktop.png

top is 1920x1080 TV, bottom 1280x1024 monitor

What do you use the full HD monitor for?

it's a TV, not a monitor. but imma slowly working my way through the all of the sopranos whilst lying in bed (onto the last season, boardwalk empire better be fuckin good), playing first person shooters (playing team fortress 2 on it makes me want to have sex with it), and i can render pretty hi-res fractals on it fullscreen whilst posting on watmm on my primary monitor.

and also i watch tv on it derp derp. oh and an xbox 360 is hooked up to it as well. one of my primary motivations when shopping for a nice tv (i bought 2, one for my son for his birthday) was 'lots and lots of ports plz'.

TV == Monitor with a tuner inside, but still a monitor

I was just curious if you were doing any video post-prod on it, as I've seen a lot of video guys have the top/bottom layout versus the more traditional side/side and use a HD monitor for rendering output versus a traditional LCD 4:3.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived