IGNORED

watmm friday

Alcofribas

i work at a used book store and tonight i'm working the closing shift alone. right now i've got fennesz + sakamoto "cendre" playing which people really dig (so, this old man came in and saw that some of the books published by Taschen are on sale and said, "so you've got taschen on sale? what about Dingen? are Dingen for sale?" Dingen = "things" in german. i said, "uh, yeah, the taschen books." he bought a book on nazi germany and as he was leaving the "cendre" disc was playing and i asked if he would like a bag, he said "no, just a receipt in the book with a rubber band around it." as i accomplished this he was listening to the cd and said, "i like coming here, you have really good taste in music.")

anyway, it's a chill friday night and weekend watmm is pretty chill, just wondering what the other friday night watmmer's are up to? come chill in my thread and let's just hang together.

*edit: if you feel like it, check out my incunabula tbt in the autechre subforum, it's pretty good i think.

Guest Iain C

I've decided to have a quiet night in with my new Jonathan Meades DVDs. It's a good feeling.

why did he need a rubber band ??

i wanted to ask him, but then i was like, "nah, crazy old man. let's just go on teh forums." crazy old men account for about %50 of my clientele.

ian, what should i know about that dvd -- i've never heard of it.

Guest Iain C

Jonathan Meades makes fantastic documentaries about (mostly) architecture for the BBC! You can watch most of his stuff on youtube.

45 minutes and I'm off work. I'm going to eat dinner then meet up with friends to work on tracks until late. Then coffee and the long drive home through the mountains.

that sounds really rad.

oh, and one other story re: why rubber bands. this other guy who comes in ("chess man") buys like $200 of chess books about once every couple months (we have a robust selection) and when he checks out he asks for the books to be double bagged with two rubber bands around each one; he explained that he needs this to "preserve" the books, which he keeps in the freezer, in his mom's house, where he lives in the basement. no lie.

Guest beatfanatic
45 minutes and I'm off work. I'm going to eat dinner then meet up with friends to work on tracks until late. Then coffee and the long drive home through the mountains.

that sounds really rad.

oh, and one other story re: why rubber bands. this other guy who comes in ("chess man") buys like $200 of chess books about once every couple months (we have a robust selection) and when he checks out he asks for the books to be double bagged with two rubber bands around each one; he explained that he needs this to "preserve" the books, which he keeps in the freezer, in his mom's house, where he lives in the basement. no lie.

strange.. i thought maybe the original guy wanted a rubber band around the book so the receipt would not fall down

there's also "satan man" who claims he can see evil in other people, just like if their walking down the street he can see if they're evil or not. he's not sure if this is genetic or a gift from god (the only two possibilities, right?) but the fucked up thing (lol) is that "THEY" can see what he can see and They flip it around on him, so like, his aunt, who is "an angel" gets blamed for the evil shit his mom has done b/c They want it that way. his mom is "pure evil" and might even be "satan." he says he doesn't know, but he might need to kill some one. he reads a lot of books about the devil, satanism, witchcraft, the black plague, etc. often his reading is interrupted by maniacal laughter and eventual slumber. i had to kick him out though, but he was pretty cool about it. one time when i came in he was drinking box wine; i went over to him:

"i'm gonna have to ask you to leave."

"why is that"

"dude, you can't come here and drink wine."

"i'm not drinking wine"

"well, what's with the box of wine then?"

"oh, some one gave that to me before i came here"

"what's with the two (wtf, why two?) cups of wine then?"

"uh, ok, see ya."

satan man, you're a lol

france sounds amazing

chax, my man.

I usually work Fridays. I'm not entirely sure why I'm not; maybe I'm getting sacked?

GC, wanna come work with me tonight?

Just got home from going out with a few drinks around Embankment with a few people from a client company. Was a fucking giggle, it's great watching the clients get drunk and innappropriate. I file it under B for blackmail. Ended up in some shit club in Leicester Square called Verve, left pretty soon though, the music was god awful and I was bored.Two hours to get home, what a load of old cock.

I'm going to bed soon, because I'm exhausted.

just put on tim hecker's "harmony in ultraviolet." i think i might have some wine we have here from a recent reading -- what do you guys think? should i do that?

:beer: ????

Guest beatfanatic
there's also "satan man" who claims he can see evil in other people, just like if their walking down the street he can see if they're evil or not. he's not sure if this is genetic or a gift from god (the only two possibilities, right?) but the fucked up thing (lol) is that "THEY" can see what he can see and They flip it around on him, so like, his aunt, who is "an angel" gets blamed for the evil shit his mom has done b/c They want it that way. his mom is "pure evil" and might even be "satan." he says he doesn't know, but he might need to kill some one. he reads a lot of books about the devil, satanism, witchcraft, the black plague, etc. often his reading is interrupted by maniacal laughter and eventual slumber. i had to kick him out though, but he was pretty cool about it. one time when i came in he was drinking box wine; i went over to him:

"i'm gonna have to ask you to leave."

"why is that"

"dude, you can't come here and drink wine."

"i'm not drinking wine"

"well, what's with the box of wine then?"

"oh, some one gave that to me before i came here"

"what's with the two (wtf, why two?) cups of wine then?"

"uh, ok, see ya."

satan man, you're a lol

shit , thats pretty idm

does he see the evil in you ??

i don't know if he saw the evil in me, he had this sort of glazed over look like he might murder me at any second. i eventually had to permaban him b/c my coworkers were scared (i'm teh manager lol).

i should have played some fucking afx when he came in!

just put on tim hecker's "harmony in ultraviolet." i think i might have some wine we have here from a recent reading -- what do you guys think? should i do that?

:beer: ????

ian c, i need you on this one...

Guest countchocula

@Alcofribas: Do you really live in France?

I am just playing some playstation and thinking about what I want for dinner. I am thinking Italian sounds good. I am going to eat and watch a movie in a little while. It is a pretty uneventful Friday for me.

Archived