IGNORED

pizza

Chris Moss Acid

01.gif

Here's my prefermented dough (poolish - flour, water, honey, and dry yeast) doing its thing. I let it rest 16 to 24 hours in the fridge.

02.gif

Then I combined that with two kinds of flour, salt, and some more water.

03.png

Once everything has been combined, I then stretch and fold the dough until I am able to get a combined mass that isn't too sticky.

04.png

I then let it rest for 15 minutes and fold it over and over and over and over until I nice airy ball of dough like this.

05.png

Cover that shit up, let it rest for an hour, and divide it into 250-280 gram dough balls.

06.png

Then stretch it by hand, throw on your favorite toppings (less is more and less sauce is definitely adviced)

07.png

And boom. One horrible photo that isn't able to convey how crispy, airy, and at the same time thin the pizza is - taken by me.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

IMG_2404.jpeg

I'm surprised it's taken KenTacoHut this long to do something like this.  Why not go balls to the wall and stuff that shiz inside a taco or gordita shell?

37 minutes ago, EdamAnchorman said:

I'm surprised it's taken KenTacoHut this long to do something like this.  Why not go balls to the wall and stuff that shiz inside a taco or gordita shell?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I've been seriously getting into pizza making over the last couple months. After watching a New York style pizza recipe by J Kenji Lopez Alt on YouTube, I decided to dive in, buy all the right equipment, and take a whack at it. My mindset is always: buy the right equipment upfront and it'll make the whole experience better. So I went ahead and bought the 14" x 16" Baking Steel (I would've loved to get the 16" x 16" but my oven isn't quite deep enough for it), as well as a wooden pizza peel for launching, and then a thinner, metal one for rotating and retrieving. I'll preheat the oven and steel at 550 degrees F for maybe 15-30 minutes before shaping the dough and building the pizza. I've had an Ooni outdoor oven for a couple years, but the first time I used it the experience didn't go so well so I am excited to try to break that out again this summer. I think a smaller, homemade crust is the key to this (not the store bought one I used the first time...)

I've been following the J Kenji dough recipe, which yields a really good and poofy crust. He says it is okay for a same-day pizza but I've found it leads to a pretty cracker-y crust if you do it that way. So I have been making the dough and letting it ferment in the fridge for about 3-4 days. I am experimenting with sauce now to find one that I like, but I think I want something just very simple (maybe just milled tomatoes and some salt). The sauce in the picture below is a recipe I found online that has a lot of dried herbs and spices in it. For cheese, I've been doing a whole milk, low moisture mozzarella, and then finishing it with a grating of parmesan after it comes out of the oven. I'll also do a swirl of the Graza 'drizzle' olive oil when it comes out of the oven. 

This is a picture of the pizza I made last night that I was super happy with, except maybe the sauce. But I have improved a lot and it's been pretty fun!

IMG_6583.jpg

• Like 3

As for the sauce, just keep it simple, man. But the best canned tomatoes (any kind of San Marzano) and simply add salt and pepper. No need for anything else.