IGNORED

Pitcard

karmakramer

the (spring?) reverb on that snare and that weird synth melody is just fucking ace

makes me wanna buy a spring reverb, they're not even that expensive

I listen to a lot of Analord but this one is far and away my favorite. I can't for the life of me understand how RDJ can write tracks that are so fucking busy and dense like this one without it getting silly or over-the-top.

This thought goes through my mind everytime I listen to his music as well. Amazing music.

I thought those start and stops on analord (there are a few) were to show that yes he is using analog synths and not so much as a technical glitch

Guest uelogy

haha a little bit from a and a little bit from b

mostly b

honestly its damn sweet when he does those stop starts in analord.... just lets the synths hang on what ever last step it was on... sweeeeeet

Yes Yes Yes! Pitcard is the best fucking track in the Analord serie. I remeber the first time I heard that track on my friends stereo. When the drums starts easy and silent you know its gonna be better and better!

Just brilliant really isn't it. It's only now in 2009 I'm starting to fully apprieciate Analord as a whole as there's so much material to take in. There's some duff tracks sure, but most of it is scarily good. Should be remembered as his biggest accomplishment so far. 2005 was a great year to be an AFX fan :)

• 5 months later...

I'm gonna spoil everyone's fun here by being a total geek - what I'm about to say doesn't subtract anything from the track, it's absolutely brilliant. As soon as I hear any feedback through a pitchshifter (those whooshes near the start of the track) I instantly fall in love with the track...

I have evidence to suggest RDJ recorded some tracks to Pitcard, encoded them to mp3 then overdubbed the rest. You can hear some of the hihats have a strange low bitrate sound

Perhaps this was a half finished track that Aphex came back to to finish off?

I'll leave before I get covered in shit.

i don't know if that proves anything. could be some other explanation in the slight stereo phase between the hats that is causing that effect.

Yeah it could well be - just sounds a little odd. I suppose if some of those drum machines use low quality STEREO samples (I know some of the Emu drum machines used 12 bit samples, probably at a low frequency rate too?) then that would come through.

• 1 month later...

Archived