IGNORED

LORD OF THE RINGS

Guest Hanratty

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the star trek trilogy isn't that bad either. Wrath of Khan ( II) is the first movie in the trilogy, followed by Search for Spock ( III ) and finishing with Voyage Home (IV). i could see how people think this wouldn't count but III and IV directly pick up where the previous one left off, so i'm pretty sure it counts ! :cool:

startrek3filmtrilogybluraybox.jpg

I saw "Khan". It was ok. I saw the others as a wee lad but don't remember them. I could watch with an open mind, despite my star-wars>star trek outlook... I just couldn't get into star trek... Possibly due to the stigma attached to trekkies, but doubtful, just a thought.

star trek films are amazing.

man with no name is the best trilogy

trilogys tend to go wrong when they hit the 3rd one. godfather, beverlyhills cop 3, dirty harry (everything after 2 was a bit monotomous. anyways.

im watching LOTR too. i bought the box set on thursday, its ok. but the cgi/green screen scenes are a big doge in hd, you can from a mile off.

i have a really extreme attachment to Bev cop 3 mostly because they filmed it at my childhood theme park, Great America in sunyvalle, california. it's really bizarre to watch axel foley jump around on a ride where i tried to finger my girlfriends in highschool

its like psychedelics, don't diss the acid just because all the goa trance hippies are taking it

yeah, that's why I said doubtful. It just seemed like a lot of work to watch the shows in order and what not... SOOOO MUUUUCCCHHH CONNNNTTTEEENNNNNTTTT!!

LOTR is certainly the best book adaptation but I think Star Wars broke new ground as far a cinema goes even if the third (Ep6) one is a bit weak.

The Matrix could have had it but fell flat at the second furlong and Leones westerns weren't really sequels.

The Matrix could have had it but fell flat at the second furlong and Leones westerns weren't really sequels.

Agreed, though I do think that are moments of brilliance lurking in the Matrix sequels, even if the final products don't hold a candle to the first film.

I don't know what I'd pick as the best trilogy ever, but I think LOTR probably would be up there contesting the top spot. They're all excellent films, though I think that FOTR is probably the strongest of the three (it's also my favourite of the books). I think this is because, as with a lot of films that have spawned numerous sequels, you're discovering a world for the first time and everything is fresh and new. I think FOTR has the strongest fantasy element of the three, which is perhaps why, for me at least, it stands out the most.

Guest Iain C

Gormenghast is the best fantasy trilogy ever. To be fair it's the only one I've ever read, I tried with LOTR and just... no.

Archived