IGNORED

What song got you into electronic music?

sneaksta303

I think I have to answer this in stages...

Childhood: Pump Up the Volume - Marrs

Adolescece: James Brown Is Dead - L.A. Style

Teens: Wish - NIN / On - The Aphex Twins

Other key tracks that I don't really know why I need to mention:

Pump Up The Jam - Tecnotronic

Groove is in The Heart - Deee Lite

Firestarter - Prodigy

also to sneak,

I hear you big time on the Wax Trax tip. Before I got into rave (in 96) I was way into KMFDM, TKK, etc.

Also Invisible records. I still have a sick old Pigface skull cap from back in the day.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first electronic song I ever really remember loving was the intro song to Dr. Who (actually I'm shocked to be the first to mention this tune). My dad used to watch the show all the time in the early 80's on PBS and I would stay just for the opening credits - I actually never cared much for the show itself :D (although I do enjoy the new Dr. Who series).

Aside from the Who theme, the first electronic records I fell in love with were Polygon Window : : Surfing on Sine Waves and Fuse : : Dimension Intrusion, both courtesy of Wax Trax's reissues of the Artificial Intelligence series in 93/94.

There was this guy on there by the name of Bexarametric who made Drum N Bass and "IDM". This shit flipped my wig as a 12-13 year old. Checked his influence list...Bought Drukqs... LOL and here I am!

Cool - this dude lives here in Austin; I don't know him too well but I've seen him around. I'm sure he'd be very happy to know how he changed your life!

also to sneak,

I hear you big time on the Wax Trax tip. Before I got into rave (in 96) I was way into KMFDM, TKK, etc.

Also Invisible records. I still have a sick old Pigface skull cap from back in the day.

that's rad. i still have all the good tkk on vinyl, obtained for CHEAP, not to mention KMFDM, & Ministry. FUCK YES. The Black Box Videos PWNED!

I can't really think of any particular song that really got me into electronic music, but I know exactly what got me into making electronic music (which in turn made me more interested in electronic music): The Korg MS2000B.

Wow.. that DK country tune posted above by iamabe is fucking lush!

Speaking of video game music, the Mute City theme from F-Zero on SNES was always a favourite:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8fe4I8ZTCE

And let's not forget the greatest video game soundtrack ever, Super Castlevania 4:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjuSIUKdnjA

Skip ahead to 7:39 to hear the best one!! (though they're all amazing) I used to play the game until I got to the level w/ this song (the library, I believe) and then just listen to it until I ran out of time & died :D

i second the rareware vibe, but that was more subconscious.

prodigy - break and enter (babysitter would bring round cds to make mix tapes)

sl2 - way in my brain (one of my first tapes, inherited from older brother)

wamdue project - king of my castle (one of my first vinyl)

pitchshifter - hidden agenda (i was 13 and turning goth/nu-metal when deviant was released, this song had the amen break. i was a turbo fan for a good 4 years - saw them live 5 times, broke 3 fingers.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyJuRGNaSeU

oh yes

Archived