IGNORED

What song got you into electronic music?

sneaksta303

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Some song off Underworld - dubnobasswithmyheadman.

I walked around with my huge discman stuffed into my jacket pocket listening to a copy of this album checked out from my local library, ahhhh fond memories

Guest Conor74

When I was a kid, liked anything with synths, new wave, new romantic, Nik Kershaw, Howard Jones, Paul Hardcastle, Gary Numan, Kraftwerk, Depeche Mode, Ultravox, early Simple Minds...but the tune that really got me into dance music was 808 State's 'Pacific'. Can remember hearing it for the first time and thinking this is it.

When I was 7 or so (1990) I got my hands on a tape (it´s still functionable, I am playing it to myself right now) with an interesting recording on it. It was a mixture of electro - synth stuff - rocknroll - punk ... with lots of advertisment between tracks, talking women about cyberspace, sex and stuff... nearly in the end of the tape, voice says you´re listening to JANITOR..I was trying to find some info about this band on the internet later but I couldn´t find a shit..

DJ Roy - Rock on time - this thing got me into hardcore and stuff...

slipknot-wait and bleed intro > chemical brothers, daft punk, fatboy slim > noisia, dom + roland, pendulum > squarepusher, luke vibert, u-ziq, boards of canada, > tiger + blome, bens sims, slam, spektre, livio + roby, all kinds of incredible techno. all day. every day.

The earliest I remember is Kraftwerk - Kristallo, '75, '76 or so. Then on through Man Machine, Computer World, video games, electro-funk, house, techno, 808 state, fsol, aphex etc etc etc.. Now I'm gradually working my way backwards again as all new music is shit :lol:

Tear or Beat is AMAZING.

Listening to this again makes me wonder why I considered Underworld's Dubnobasswithmyhead man my entry into electronic music. Perhaps because it was really my springboard from the industrial world to the electronic dance world. I feel like I've already explained this. Deja-vu. But yes I think Skinny Puppy was the first group I got into that made heavy use of electronics.

Tear or Beat is AMAZING.

Listening to this again makes me wonder why I considered Underworld's Dubnobasswithmyhead man my entry into electronic music. Perhaps because it was really my springboard from the industrial world to the electronic dance world. I feel like I've already explained this. Deja-vu. But yes I think Skinny Puppy was the first group I got into that made heavy use of electronics.

yeah i did that too, meaning i forgot that old industrial brought me into "proper" electronic or whatever the fuck.

Archived