IGNORED

Ringing in my ear in silence

Q27

yeah join the club. i found that if i'm in bed or somewhere really quiet, stick your fingers in your ears for 30 sec - 1 min, then take them out. it gives some temporary relief, at least enough for me to fall asleep.

yeah join the club. i found that if i'm in bed or somewhere really quiet, stick your fingers in your ears for 30 sec - 1 min, then take them out. it gives some temporary relief, at least enough for me to fall asleep.

It's never too loud. I don't think I always get it in total silence. So who knows.

Solution: Listen to loud music to drown it out.

but honesty, I've had the same thing since I started playing drums back in the day. From what I remember, ringing in the ear is not always tinnitus—I may be wrong though?

I was at a party last night doing visuals and I was standing in front of the decibel monitor and it was steady around 109-110 which was a lot louder than allowed. No need to say that my ears have been messed up all day.

Ps. Bogdan Raczysnki was the first one to destroy my ears 5 years ago. Congrats to him.

Guest ezkerraldean

i sometimes get it. whenever i have a bout of the old orthostatic hypotension, brief tinnitus always accompanies the greying of vision and dizziness. quite fun really.

Guest inteeliguntdesign

I had it a while back, particularly when I sat down to read in silence, but it went away. I was fairly ill at the time with metal poisoning when I had it. I've never had any problems with my ears apart from that, unless you count failing to hear foreign words properly a lot of the time, but I guess that's fairly normal. I don't even go to concerts that often. I saw afx in 2002 though, a gig in london when his support played a high pitch noise continuously until most of the audience had their fingers in their ears. Proper good it was.

I heard white noise helps, too, but I never tried that when I had it.

i've had symptoms of Tinnitus for a long time, but the worst case was after i'd seen My Bloody Valentine in Manchester last year.

i had very loud ringing for over two weeks solid

You went to a MBV concert without earplugs? Ouch.

Archived