IGNORED

Living with a Vegetarian

Root5

Quote. Rik. "Young Ones":

"Neil! Why do you keep letting all these flies in?!"

I hate flies. I knew this guy who lived in this crummy apartment complex and on account of his lack of hygiene, a veritable fly infestation had manifested itself inside his room somewhere. Then the flies began to migrate to other parts of the building and it was a royal fucking mess.

In the end the landlord had to throw him out and have the whole dam place fumigated.

Also, on returning from a months vacation, I was hanging with my younger bro and wanted to open the window. I had noticed a fly was in the room before I opened the window, but when I did, more came in! And this was autumn so normally there wouldn't be many flies around. However each time i went to open the window, more flies would flood in! And what's more they were a strange type of fly too, slightly larger and more elongated than your average house fly.

Consequently I discovered a small cove of flies all scrunched up together hibernating or something in the nook between the window and the wall. Half of them were even dead and just fell out as the others bolted around like crazy. So, the hoover soon saw the last of them. But man, that was disgusting and even a tad creepy.

Flies are nasty things. Even those Jeff Goldblum movies creep me out a little. Brundlefly.......infact you should show these movies to your crazy fly-loving room mate. That'll smarten her up!

Compassion is a wonderful trait and should be nurtured.

However, i can not stand the buzzing of flies indoors, it makes my skin crawl.

I keep my first stage compost holding bin tightly sealed and we now have screens on

the doors so they very rarely get in, and when they do i just open a window

and then herd them out with my ninja crouching tiger technique, or i catch and release.

It is actually quite a challenge to catch the flies, i like to see how quickly i can

secure the little bastards.

It's good fun to chase them around the house like mr miyagi,

laughing and talking in funny accent.

To answer a previous question. She does not eat fish. She ate salmon once, and felt really guilty.

I wouldn't go so far as call her a retarded cunt. I mean, nobody's perfect, right. I figure if I can find people who I can stand, I'm lucky, and shouldn't expect to find people I agree with ideologically in every way.

But seriously... FLIES! Like, what the fuck.

dude I have a friend who can be stupid like that sometimes. It's a very very difficult situation to be in because you get so angry with them for being so unrealistic but at the same time you value your friendship with them and don't want to throw it all away over something stupid.

But fuck.... flies?

You should secretly breed mosquitos in the basement in jumbo garbage bags and release them on the house and then see how quickly her attitude towards killing insects changes. Drastic, yes, but effective

Guest ezkerraldean

ask her why she is so two-faced as to care so deeply about flies while at the same time washing her hands and committing bacerial genocide on a daily basis. if she implies that she doesn't care about the wellbeing of bacteria, accuse her of being species-ist and tell her that it was attitudes like hers that led to the nazis and stuff.

then bone her, really hard.

I think it might be more of an emotional reaction for her, although she is a christian.

Im fairly sure Matthew didnt say "Do unto flies as you would have them do unto you", and if he did i'd lulz at a fly with a newpaper.

ask her why she is so two-faced as to care so deeply about flies while at the same time washing her hands and committing bacerial genocide on a daily basis. if she implies that she doesn't care about the wellbeing of bacteria, accuse her of being species-ist and tell her that it was attitudes like hers that led to the nazis and stuff.

then bone her, really hard.

Guest inteeliguntdesign

heh, that's crazy. i've even helped cook meat for friends. as long as i don't buy the meat, thus increasing demand for the murder for animals, i don't really care. i'm a vegetarian, not an absolutist.

heh, that's crazy. i've even helped cook meat for friends. as long as i don't buy the meat, thus increasing demand for the murder for animals, i don't really care. i'm a vegetarian, not an absolutist.

Your comment coupled with your avatar makes me lol

You should not be composting indoors. What the fuck.

yeah seriously wtf, i walked into my friends house the other day and one of his roommates is composting in the kitchen and jesus christ it made the whole house smell like a rancid garbage can now. since he doesn't want ot make any waves with his housemates he's learned to tolerate it.

there are some really ignorant emotionally reactive vegetarians who give the rational intelligent ones a bad name. My mom's old friend and I had an argument one day and why she thought it was ok for her to eat fish (even though she called herself a vegetarian) because 'they don't have nerves and can't feel pain' i almost fell out of my fucking chair when i heard that. Talk about cognitive dissonance.

all y'all who are in favour of killing flies, well...you know what I'm gonna say about fish.

Who keeps a fly alive while they eat it?

Archived